O-Shot: Are there any side effects?

Are there any side effects to be aware of before getting the O-Shot?

The O-Shot has a low incidence of side-effects

The O-Shot involves two simple injections of your own PRP activated with natural calcium chloride.  One is given at the base of the clitoris and the other into the anterior vaginal wall.  The needles used for these injections are very small.  As such, while bleeding and bruising are possible complications, these occur rarely although patients taking anticoagulants and Omega-3 are at some degree of higher risk for bleeding.  There is also a theoretical risk of urinary tract injection although i have not yet seen one in my practice. The most likely "adverse" outcome is excessive lubrication with sexual arousal.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

O-Shot: Are there any side effects?

Since the O-Shot involves PRP injection to the vaginal area, and PRP is derived from your own blood, there are no long term ill effects or side effects of the O-Shot injection at all. It is a very safe procedure, but some immediate side effects could be pain on injection and bruising/ swelling of the area

O-Shot: Are there any side effects?

Are there side effects from the O-Shot?

The local anesthesia protocol that we use combining topical and injected lidocaine has produced minimal discomfort for our patients.     The O-Shot uses the body's plasma rich platelets (PRP) which is your own biologics and there have been no reported complications from the O-Shot.    Hyper-libido has been reported in a young patient but it did resolve on its own.    Most of the injection site discomfort resolves in a couple of days.   After the O-Shot  patients can resume sexual activity but avoid direct clitoral stimulation until the discomfort resolves.  

Are there side effects from the O-Shot?

Side Effects of O-Shot

There is little to no downtime with the O-Shot. With any injection you are at risk for infection, bruising, bleeding and/or swelling to the site. Because the O-Shot is using your own plasma, it is very safe to inject. My patients report minimal to no discomfort following the procedure.

Cheers!

Side Effects of O-Shot

Cheers!

O-Shot side effects

Thank you for your question.  The O-shot is a very safe procedure as you are injecting your own plasma into the vaginal area.  There are complications associated with any procedure involving a needle (bruising, swelling, possible hematoma) and associated with a lack of understanding of the underlying anatomy.  I would recommend that you visit with a surgeon who is experience with this procedure and who understands the anatomy to minimize the risk of any adverse effects.

O-Shot side effects

Minimal

Since it is your own plasma, minimal to no side effects.  Complications as with any procedure include injection site irritation, infection, damage to neighboring structures, swelling, damage to urethra, etc.  Make sure you go to a certified O-shot provider!

Minimal

Side effects of O shot

Yes- theoretically one could get an infection after insertion of a foreign body (needle).  I believe this risk is extremely low.  There has been one published study on the side effects of the O shot- one woman actually reported hyperlibido that interfered with her life.  She was young and it resolved.  One of the great aspects about the  O shot is that there is not any down time and I believe the risks are either nonexistent or rare.  I believe it is important to seek treatment from a licensed provider who has been trained to do this procedure correctly.  When done incorrectly- it could lead to urinary retention or other problems. 

Side effects of O shot

O-shot

The O Shot is an injection of your own blood product directly into the clitoris and anterior vaginal wall or G spot. It is very important that  you do not have an general infection and the the vagina is free of infection. It is crucial that your blood is processed in a sterile manner  by a well-trained staff. The physician injecting your PRP should know exactly where to inject without causing significant bleeding or pain.

Extremely rare side effects to consider are transient worsening of your urinary symptoms, bleeding and possible infections.

O-shot