Halo Laser: Are Multiple Treatments Required?

Is this a one time treatment, or will I require multiple treatments to see the full benefits?

2 treatments are the best results

We recommend starting with 2 treatments for best results. Depending on each patient’s needs there may be additional treatments required.

West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Frequency of Halo Laser Treatments

You can undergo Halo Laser treatments as frequently or infrequently as you like, but I typically recommend that my patients undergo at least three treatment sessions (each lasting between 2-3 hours) in order to see the best results, with results from strong treatments lasting about a year and half (18 months). I generally recommend that patients receive periodic Halo Laser treatments after the initial three sessions, but this is determined greatly by the longevity of a patient’s results and the type and severity of the skin concern that they are trying to address.

You determine the endpoint

You'll see improvement with every treatment. I've had great success treating up to 40% density in selected patients and at that intensity you ought to see a lot of improvement

Do another treatment and you'll see more. In reality, it's up to you when to stop, but ongoing maintenance with something like annual Halo or more frequent BBL can truly make you look younger as the years pass by. There isn't much else out there that can do that while also leaving you with a very natural appearance. 

Arlo J. Miller, MD, PhD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon

Halo Treatment

While you will see improvement with one treatment, the Halo is recommended in a series of 1-3 treatments depending on the issues that are being addressed.  Please consult with a provider to get a recommendation based on your needs. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many Halo Treatments?

One treatment will definitely show improvement, but not the longer lasting results that one can demonstrate after two or three serial treatments.  Think about the fact that in most Halo treatments, the density of the treatment(as compared to depth of treatment)is usually 20-30%, meaning that only 30% max of your entire skin will develop those MENDs.   This allows for fast and predictable healing, but if you do the math, it will take up to 3 treatments for your skin to get close to 100% of the areas treated.  It takes even more treatments off the face as density settings need to be lower when off the face.  Spacing between treatments should be 6-8 weeks or more.  It is amazing to see your skin continue to improved far beyond the initial healing. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures of Halo

Patients will receive significant benefit after a single treatment from Halo. Results can be refined with additional treatments.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

HALO laser and number of treatments

The HALO laser is an excellent treatment for some types of acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles and changes in pigmentation of the skin.  That being said, the number of treatments relates to the condition being treated and the amount of change you want to see.  In cases of acne scarring and fine lines and wrinkles I always recommend a series of at least 3 treatments spaced at least 6-8 weeks apart.  If you wish to treat sun or age spots I have been very impressed with a combination treatment of Broadband Light (BBL) and HALO at the same time.  In many cases people only need one treatment for sun or age spots to get the results they want but it will require maintenance over time as further sun exposure causes more spots to form.  The combination of BBL and HALO at the same time treats sun and age spots on the skin like no other treatment I have been able to offer my patients before.  Patients love it. 

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo treatments

Halo is a great laser to reduce wrinkles, pore size, and sunspots. Some patients just have one and than has BroadBand Light treatments as a maintenance. It really depends on each person's skintype and goals.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

How Many Halo Treatments are Required

Hello, thanks for the question. Patients can see results in as little as one treatment but we do recommend a series of 3 treatments with a subsequent annual maintenance treatment. Of course, it all depends on your skin and the type of results you would like. I definitely recommend scheduling a consultation with a trained Halo provider who can discuss your options with you. Best of luck!

Michael E. Jones, MD