What is "Dual Coolsculpting"?

What is the different between dual coolsculpting and regular coolsculpting?

Dualsculpting

Dualsculpting uses two Coolsculpting machines at the same time, to make your treatment more time-efficient.

DualSculpting CoolScupting for fat reduction in our NYC cosmetic dermatology practice

The technology is no different when a physician uses DualSculpting vs. CoolSculpting.  CoolSculpting uses a device with an applicator that freezes fat. When two love handles, flanks, thighs or other body sites are done, and if the provider has more than one CoolSculpting device, if two devices are used simultaneously on each side, then this is considered DualSculpting. Very few practices have more than one of these expensive units. I am fortunate to practice in a NYC practice that has several CoolSculpting devices from Zeltiq and I can treat a pair of love handles or thighs in half the time I could in prior practice when I only had one CoolSculpting machine. As some patients need multiple applicators for the abdomen, DualSculpting provides significant time savings for the patient. To date, we have not charged any additional amount for this convenience. My patients appreciate this benefit.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Dual Sculpting

Dual Sculpting would be two coolsculpting machines working at the same time so that you could do your flanks or thighs at the same time.  

Dualsculpting

Coolsculpting is the same thing as Dualsculpting.  Dualsculpting just uses two machines to cut the treatment time in half.
Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

DualSculpting vs CoolSculpting

DualSculpting simply means that you are having two areas treated at the same time. So, the provider doing DualSculpting has at least two machines which cuts your treatment time in half. 

What is Dual CoolSculpting?

Thank you for your question regarding what is the difference between dual CoolSculpting and regular CoolSculpting.  Dual CoolSculpting is a term used to describe the use of two CoolSculpting machines to treat two separate areas at once.  This reduces the number of treatment sessions when multiple areas are being treated. Since each area typically takes one hour, having two machines saves the patient time. When you refer to "regular" CoolSculpting, that would be the use of simply using one machine.  I suggest you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area whose office is certified in CoolSculpting. Best of luck to you!

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS

Dual CoolSculpting

Dual CoolSculpting is the use of two CoolSculpting machines at one time. For example, one device on each arm. Since each area takes one hour, it would save you time doing multiple areas. There is no significant saving per treatment cycle as each cycle has a fixed cost as dictated by Zeltiq. Regular CoolSculpting would be the use of one machine during a one hour session.

"Dual Coolsculpting" is "New and Improved!"

Remember those old Doublemint gum commercials? "Double your pleasure, Double your fun!"

Dual Coolsculpting is the use of two machines to treat two areas at once, reducing the number of treatment sessions when multiple areas are being treated.

Of course, you also get to pay double, which is what justifies the purchase, use, and marketing of "Dual Coolsculpting."

This is no better, just a faster way to transfer money from your purse to the practitioner. Best regards, Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

"Dual Sculpting"

Hi, there!  Thank you for your question.  "DualSculpting" is a term used to describe the use of two CoolSculpting machines to treat two separate areas simultaneously.  Since each treatment cycle takes approximately one hour, the benefit of this is the ability to treat more areas in less time.  

For further information on CoolSculpting, please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative body procedures.

Dr. Schwartz

DUAL sculpting versus coolsculpting

DUAL sculpting is a marketing term the company is using for doctors to buy two machines and do two areas at once, rather than just one at the start.  Best, Dr. Emer.