Will a Brow Lift give me the Straight Brow Look as depicted on the Model ? What type of Brow Lift (Lateral, Endoscopic)? (photo)

I am interested in a Brow Lift to give me more of a Straight Brow and to pull my brows laterally because I desire that look when I pull my brows apart. I would like my Brows to look more Straight rather than arched. I feel like it is a more youthful look and that is the look I want. However, I am not sure if just a Brow Lift will give me this look or do I have to also do a blepharoplasty? I just want my eye area to look like the models. I understand she is wearing some makeup.

Will a Brow Lift give me the Straight Brow Look as depicted on the Model ? What type of Brow Lift (Lateral, Endoscopic)?

A blepharoplasty will not affect the shape of your brows. Botox could be used to elevate the inner brow and and also to lower the outer brows. Alternatively, an endoscopic brow lift approach  with a corrugator resection will elevate the inner brow and spread them the inner angles apart. This could be performed without any elevation of the outer two thirds so as to give a more horizontal look.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

What type of brow lift?

Thank you for your photos. The lateral brow lift or the full bicoronal brow lift provide the most precise and controlled lifting that will create a shape and vector that is in keeping with what you,the patient,wants.

Burr von Maur, MD

Eyebrow Lift

Hello and thank you for your question. An eyebrow lift is commonly acquired by patients in the 40-60 age range to minimize the visible effects of aging. It helps to lift the eyebrows instead of "straightening" the eyebrows that you are asking about. I think your eyebrows are beautiful and you should not be concerned with an eyebrow lift surgery. I wish you the best of luck.

Peter Newen, MD

Brow lift

Your brows as pictured are much more attractive than the heavily made up model. A flat brow is desirable for men but not ideal for women.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a brow lift?

Good question?    I have read what you want and looked at your pictures and do not see anything that pushes me to agree with you.  I would recommend seeing what a brow stylist ( such as Kelly Baker) can do to optimize your appearance.  Second, combine this with a neuroblocker such as Botox in the area between your brows.  The goal would be to elevate the inner aspect of both brows (make them higher).   In other words try and see if you can get as close to your look without surgery.  By the way, I love performing brow lifts but in your case I would try and get close to your goals without surgery.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon

not a brow lift candidate

A brow lift is not performed to straighten the eyebrows. A brow lift procedure is performed to lift the eyebrows, address asymmetric eyebrows, raised the hairline, or lower the hairline in addition to adjusting the scowling muscles of the forehead. From the very limited photograph, the brow position appears normal, therefore a brow lift is not required. For many examples of brow lift results, please see the link and the video below

Seeking Straight Eye Brows

The medial part f your brows can be elevated with a modified brow lift. You do have  a high hairline which can be lowered at the same time using the irregular Trichophytjc Hairline Incision that we described many years ago. If you have thin brows they can be made thicker  with makeup or transplants.

You don't need a blepharoplasty nor a browlift.  Some carefully done Botox will make your brow elevate a little to approach the model's picture.  The rest is done with makeup.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Will a Brow Lift give me the Straight Brow Look as depicted on the Model ?

Your brows and those of the model's are nearly identical in shape and position and your change can easily be achieved by artful hair removal and makeup, not by surgery. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Brow reshaping

the look you want is best acheved by makeup as you have the same shaped brows as the made-up model. Hair transplants could potentially be performed to tthicken brows if you need a surgical solution. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon