Will a thermage treatment breakdown my fillers?

I had 3 syringes on voluma injected into my cheeks and botox in forehead and crows feet. Will thermage treatment on my face and neck breakdown my fillers? Thank you, Renee

Thermage, Voluma and Botox

Thermage certainly complements Voluma and Botox.  Thermage radio frequency does not dissolve Voluma.  It will tighten and lift saggy skin and Voluma will add volume to contour your cheeks.  I like to wait two weeks after fillers to ensure any swelling or bruising has faded before performing Thermage. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Thermage and Fillers

This combination is one of my most gratifying to patients especially combining this with Sculptra, as the heat simulates the sculptra to produce more collagen.  I suggest going to someone who is an expert in combination treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculptra and Thermage, Sculptra and Ultherapy - Williamsville, NY

Recommendations are to get Thermage 2-3 weeks after treatment with Sculptra. Some notable groups in San Diego calls this combination Sculptherapy. It can also be combined with Ultherapy. 

Ultherapy uses focused energy and delivery is visulaized by DeepSee or B mode ultrasound.

It is FDA cleared in the U.S. and patients who have had this procedure report high satisfaction.

Read the ultherpy ebook on the link below.

Fillers and Thermage

Thermage builds collagen and rejuvenates the skin and is a perfect complement for adding volume such as with Voluma or Botox.  I often do both procedures on the same patient within a week of the injection to achieve the best cosmetic results.  The combination of restoring volume and skin tightening looks fabulous.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial cosmetic injections.

Thermage safe with fillers

Thermage is great in combination with fillers, such as Voluma, and Botox.  The Thermage treatment will have no negative effect on fillers, and the two procedures work well in conjunction for obtaining a natural look without surgery.  Your provider can map out the best plan to help you achieve your desired result.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon