How can you thicken skin under the eyes, especially tear trough area? I heard fraxel and Thermage are good. What about creams?

I have thin skin under my eyes and would like to thicken this, especially th tear trough area. I heard fraxel and Thermage is the best option. If there any creams that you can use to help?

Doctor Answers 2

Thicker Under Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Youthful skin is full of collagen and elastin fibers making the skin firm and tight. As we age so does our collagen and elastin and we stop creating new collagen and elastin fibers. This leads to thinner skin that has more laxity.

In order to “thicken” the skin you need to stimulate the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. Both of these machines can help however they are very different from each other. If you only have thin skin it is possible that Thermage may help. If you have moderate to severe wrinkles in this area Fraxel Repair may be a better option. However, if you have hollows in this area you may need filler.

Creams can be used in conjunction with treatment to enhance your treatment benefit, but a cream alone generally is not sufficient. If you do choose to use a cream it has to contain either a stem cell or growth factors for it to be beneficial and peek in mind it does not stimulate collagen to the same degree as Thermage or Fraxel Repair.

It is best to have a consultation with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment would be best suited for your concerns.

For more information click link below:

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Skin under the Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are a number of ways to produce new collagen and make the skin under the eyes more youthful.  The simplest way is to use anti-aging creams to minimize wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin.  Fraxel Duo is an effective way to rejuvenate the under eye area and reduce wrinkles.  Thermage is fabulous at producing new collagen and is effective in various areas of the body including the face and eyes.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with these lasers.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.