How does a skin graft tend to look after Mohs surgery 10 days later? Is this normal? (photos)

Is this normal? One side is healing nicely while the other looks more and more black. It's been ten days since surgery!

Mohs graft

Hello and thank you for your question.  It is difficult to fully assess a skin graft without looking at it in person.  However, based on the photos you provided, it does not appear that the graft 'took' and is alive.  At this point (ten days later) the wound should be a mix of red and purple in color.  I would contact your surgeon immediately for a proper follow up. 

Regards,

Ariel Ostad MD PC 

Concerning for necrosis

Your photos suggest poor healing of the skin graft, likely due to compromise in blood supply.  Please contact your surgeon for evaluation as soon as you can.

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Moh's skin gratf

In person exam by your doctor is critical but it doesn't look like the skin graft is "taking" ie surviving. You may need further reconstruction so see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for other options such as a forehead flap.

Skin Graft

Hi sarahmbower, 

Thanks for your question and photos. Looking at the picture, I have some concern that the skin graft may be not receiving enough blood supply. I would contact your surgeon today and get their opinion. 

I hope this helps!