21, tubular breasts. Can they be fixed without implants? (photos)

I'm 21, overweight and have tuberous breasts. I'm a 34DD, with a bra on I feel confident but without it I am very insecure. I don't really care about my large areolas anymore, I just hate the shape of my breasts. I really don't want implants and I'm hoping they're alternatives to correct the shape. Could fat grafting and/or loosening the constricted bands underneath my breasts help with a lift? I want them to look full, but natural.

Correcting Tuberous Breasts

Based on your photos, I would initially think that you can achieve a nice improvement in breast shape without an implant.  You would need an extensive breast lift with rearrangement of your existing breast tissue.  If your breasts seem too large for you, then a reduction could be performed through the same lift incisions.  The tuberous shape is due to constricting fascia that limits breast development to a more narrow, central area behind the areolae.  By releasing this fascia, we can allow the breast tissue to spread more widely and evenly, creating a better shape.  However, usually an implant is placed in order to fill out areas where your own tissue is deficient. But with relatively large breasts, it may be possible to just reposition what you already have.  Seek out an aesthetic plastic surgeon with experience treating tuberous breasts.

Breast lift/reduction

Thank you for your question and photo.  To get the best result possible and to correct for your ptosis, a full breast lift is needed.  Given the fact that your breasts already have a significant amount of volume, it does not appear that implants are necessary.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tubular breasts?

These do look like tubular breasts.  They are widely spaced, have large areolas, and seem to be deficient in the lower poles (but the photos don't show the view to state this definitively. 

You will need to consider a full lift.  To attain more volume, fat grafting is an option, but don't expect more than a one cup size enlargement.  Implants will probably be needed to get as large as your goal photos.  Neither implants nor fat grafting will result in the kind of cleavage I see in the goal pictures. Neither will move your breasts closer together. 

An in person consultation will prove valuable. All the best. 

Tuberous breasts - do I need an implant?

I don't think you need an implant.  Judging from your "wish photos" I think you have realistic expectations and I think a breast lift is likely to give you the result that you are looking for.

Avoiding an implant is very sensible and my suggestion would be to have a lift.  In the unlikely event you find that you would like increased fullness once you've had a lift, then it is a fairly straightforward and predictable procedure to have a breast augmentation.  Although this approach means you might have two operations, it is not likely and if you do then your results will be more predictable and with much less risk of complications.

I don't think fat grafting or any other surgery that doesn't involve a lift will give you best results.

Kind regards,

Breast lift without implants could address your concern

I believe your breasts can be improved without implants. Implants only make breasts larger, and you are happy with the size of your breasts in your bra. A breast lift is designed to improve your shape and make your breasts look full and natural. When you go for consultation, ask your plastic surgeon if he or she performs the I.D.E.A.L. Breast Lift. For before and after photos of women similar to you, click on the link below.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Implants not required

Hi. You definitely dont need implants. You could have a breast lift to maintain the current volume. Alternatively if you wanted to be smaller you would be an ideal candidate gor a horizontal breast reduction which reduces visible scarring. Regards. Damien

Fixing Breast Shape

Thank you very much for your question.

While your pictures are helpful, an in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon will be necessary to determine what can be done to give you the result you desire.  Based on the pictures alone, I think a mastopexy or a small reduction will provide significant improvement to your breast shape, and reduce the size of your areolas.  Best of luck!

21, tubular breasts. Can they be fixed without implants?

You appear to be a candidate for a breast lift ( mastopexy). It will make your breasts perky, and reduce the size of your areola. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam. For more info you can view the attached video.

If you like your current size when wearing a bra, then all you need is a mastopexy. That will maintain your current size, make the areola smaller, and lift the breast. If you want to be smaller, then a reduction does the same, but reduces the size.

My over the internet dx is 4th degree ptosis, with hypertrophy, large N/A complexes, very very very minor tuberosity if ant. A full Lift small reduction with reduction of N/A is indicated...