Tear trough injections and the lines are still there. Do I need additional injections?

I had restylane injections for deep tear trough lines and the lines are still there. Do I need additional injections or am I doomed?

Tear Trough Fillers -- Try Cannulas; hylauronidase if unhappy

I suggest seeing an expert for injetions around the eyes.  Often fillers are needed in the cheeks to lift the trough before injecting directly into them.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tear trough filling

Tear trough filling is one on the most common areas to be performed incorrectly.  Often, incorrect patient selection, too superficial filling, or too much filler can lead to ill results.  Make sure to always see an expert injector to save time and money in the long run.  That being said it is difficult to judge the need for additional filler without a picture or live exam.  It is important to note that swelling after fillers in the tear trough can mask results for a few days.  Also, the present of a dark hollow can be more noticeable in some patients after filler due to it being lifted toward the surface; these patients may need treatment with topical therapies or laser in combination with filler.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear Trough Injections

Hi and thank you for your question!

Fillers in the tear trough are more effective for hollowness or volume loss. This helps patients to look more rested and minimizes the shadow that can form in that area.

For fine lines/wrinkles, you would be better off with a laser treatment to simulate collagen, a neuromodulator (botox or dysport) &/or a consultation for surgery (if there is excess skin that is beyond what the non-surgical interventions can do). Also, a skin care regimen can also help the skin in the eye area.

Feel free to call our office for questions or come in for a complementary consultation.

Thank you!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Dermal fillers in tear troughs

Thank you for sharing your question. Dermal fillers work well to fill in the tear troughs, but do not treat the lines on the skin. Laser skin resurfacing, blepharoplasty and sometimes Botox can treat the lines. See an Oculoplastic Surgeon for evaluation and discussion of treatment options. Good luck,

Restylane and Tear Trough

It would be much easier to help with a photo posted.  Sometimes the lines that you are chasing can not be filled with an under eye filler.  It may be excess skin that needs surgery or laser or skin tightening.  A different filler like Belotero might be better. Please consult an expert in cosmetic dermatology for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Green