I am 37 years old and I did sculptra to look better.

I did 5 vials by now, first vials I did on August 3 rd so its about 2 monts as today is October 22nd.I did 2 on August 3rd,after 6 weeks I did one and then after another 6 weeks I had 2.total Of 5 From August 3rd till now october 22 nd I dont see anything yet, I also read people had 7-8 vials, where I thought i should have 4 as I am aproaching my 40. i dont have results? 5 vials to small? When will I know I need more vials? Or should i jest switch to filler? Please help

Sculptra is like planting seeds

I like Sculptra as I think you get a lot for your money in terms of how it lasts.

You will see much more if you massage deeply at least three times a day for 5 minutes. Pretend that you are compressing your cheekbones (or wherever it was applied) with the heel of your hand.The more you tend the garden, the better your results will be!!

See the photo to the right on this page. My patient did a great job of massaging so she got good results. Sculptra can last for years, unlike any other filler

Dr Beverly Johnson

Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting the most out of Sculptra--add fillers, lasers, skin care

Sculptra takes 3-6 months to show improvement.  Often I combine the Sculptra with other fillers, lasers, toxins and skin care to enhance the results and give immediate results. Sculptra is not best on its own, but better in combinations.  I suggest posting photos and seeing a facial contouring specialist who has experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

After 5 vials of Sculptra, not seeing improvements

I would go over your photos with your doctor. Discuss the issues and come up with a game plan. If you are on medication that impairs inflammation, your response will be muted. Also, people who exercise alot, will break down collagen faster than others. If this is not the case, adding a HA filler might be prudent to give you an immediate correction while the Sculptra continues to build collagen. It also might be that you just need more than the usual amount of Sculptra. Usually it is a vial of Sculptra per decade.

Steven F. Weiner, MD