When can I take Phentermine after a tummy tuck ?

I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck on March the 24th! I gained 8lbs after binge eating prior to my surgery coming Monday March 24th. I'm thinking about going to a weight loss clinic to kick off the extra lbs when is a good time to take phentermine after a tummy tuck!

Phentermine after a tummy tuck

• Phentermine is an amphetamine
  • It has all the risks of these medicines,
  • Studies show weight lost is regained,
  • There are better ways to deal with binge eating but if you want to use it -
  • Wait at least 6 weeks and 
  • Ask your plastic surgeon if s/he wants you to wait longer.m Best wishes.

When can I take Phentermine after a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  I would wait at least 8-12 weeks before starting a weight loss supplement.   Ask your surgeon for his or her recommendations when to restart.  

Phentermine

Phentermine is a dangerous drug especially in association with surgery. Patients who take phentermine are a much higher risk for complications associated with anesthesia. It is advised to completely abstain from this medication both before and after healing from surgery. I would not resume this medication until you are completely healed from your tummy tuck, at least 6-8 weeks after surgery. I would also ask your plastic surgeon what he or she recommends. Following a healthy diet is best way to maintain your weight, or loose weight during the recovery process when you are unable to exercise. Additional weight loss is usually achieved and maintained by your ongoing efforts following a healthy diet and eventually exercising regularly.