Thermage/Ultherapy or mini facelift?

Which is more effective, Thermage/ Ultherapy or a mini facelift? I would like to treat the slight sagging around the jowls and neck, also a bit of crepiness on the forehead. I also plan to have a rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty, and would like to minimize the time in surgery. I have medium olive skin.

Thermage for Skin Tightening

Thermage is a great laser for skin tightening.  Utilizing the new CPT technology in just 90 minutes without any down time you can improve the skin laxity and rejuvenate your skin.  Thermage works on all patients and produces new collagen.  However, if you have an extensive amount of skin laxity than a surgical procedure may be required.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Thermage for the best cosmetic results.

Ultherapy or Thermage - Williamsville, NY

Ultherapy is a great modality that uses DEEPSEE technology (B mode US) to visualize the site of delivery of high intensity focused ultrasound energy in a noninvasive manner.

I have performed Ultherapy since 2011 in hundreds of patients with great outcomes. 

Ultherapy can be done here as well and great results can be obtained

Thanks for your question and we recommend that you have a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the various treatment options that are available to you, including surgery and the non-invasive procedures that work well here.Ultherapy can be done here as well and great results can be obtained. Another option would be one of the more sophisticated radiofrequency (RF) skin-tightening devices, such as the Venus Legacy, the EndyMed 3Deep, or the BTL Exilis. Laser lipo and Ultherapy are one-time procedures; RF treatments can take several sessions here. Learning the treatment options will help you determine which of them are right for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage for saggy jowls

Thermage can tighten and lift saggy skin around the jawline and crepiness on the forehead but does not take the place of a face lift.  If you decide on a non-surgical procedure, Thermage can give great results.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Thermage versus Facelift

Nothing gives as much lift as a facelift. You should see a facial contouring expert to see if a noninvasive option is better for you.  In my hands Thermage gives amazing lift and I have all my patients continue with venus legacy and fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.