ResurFX - how long am I supposed to avoid the sun after treatment?

Just had a few spots done using the Resurfx laser 3 days ago. Doc made me promise to avoid the sun and reapply sunscreen every hour. How long do I need to do this for? We have a picnic in 10 days - will it be ok by then?

How Long to Avoid Sun After ResurFX? Stay Out of Sun for 3 Months After ResurFX

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
ResurFX is a highly effective nonablative skin resurfacing technique that improves fine lines and wrinkles. However, it also makes your skin extra sensitive to UVA and UVB rays. You need to avoid sun for three months. If you must be outside, protect yourself with sun block and protective clothing such as hats – which, by the way, everyone should be doing. Be sure to consult your board-certified dermatologist if you have any questions about how to maintain the benefits of your ResurFX treatment and how to avoid skin damage from the sun.

Protect yuor investment

With lasers, sun exposure to soon after
treatment can have an increased risk of side effects including scarring and
pigmentation. It is best to avoid exposing the treated area for up to 3 months
after the treatment. Wearing a good quality physical block (zinc/titanium)
sunscreen and reapplying at least every 2 hours or immediately after swimming
is recommended. Covering the area with a hat or clothing, as well as staying in
the shade as much as possible is also advised. Protect your investment, it will
be worth it in the long run.

Avoiding Sun After Co2 Laser -- Hats, Sunscreen, Heliocare, Stay Indoors, Protective Cover In Car

I suggest doing your best and covering up when you go out, no direct sun light (sun tanning, pools etc) for at least 3 months after treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.