Your opinion: Tall, thin, small frame, long torso, 32 AA, want proportionate look - is 425/450ccs ridiculous? (photo)

I'm tall and thin (5'8 118#), BFed 4 kids and now a 32A/AA. Chest is thin skinned and bony with slightly hollow profile (mild pectus excavatum). Do NOT want to look huge/fake/disproportionate, but want to be full and see a significant difference. Thought I'd end up in the low 300s but surprise, after using both Vectra and the Mentor Volume Sizing system, 300s too small and 425-450ccs HP looks proportionate and even modest. Size is within 1cm of my 12 base width. But it sounds so large. Opinions?

Breast Implant Size

It sounds like you and your doctor have put a lot of thought into picking the right size of implant.  There are literally hundreds of implants to choose from and your surgeon should help to pick the perfect implant for you based on your goals, breast tissue, measurements, etc.

Based on the information you've provided, I think the size you are choosing will work out just fine if you have the breast tissue to cover it.  That size of implant will not look "ridiculous" on you.  Best of luck!

Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Tall, thin, small frame, long torso, 32 AA

I usually use sizers in evaluating final size decisions.  I would imagine using a high profile, under the muscle approach.  I say this because of your narrow chest and a high profile has a narrow base.  425 should work our fine. 

Fred Suess, MD

Your height allows you to go larger

and you should pick the size implant that provides you the look you desire.  Your photos suggest the size will easily fit on you and your surgeon simply has to find the right profile to provide the volume.  With mild pectus excavatum, your surgeon must be careful with medial pocket dissection and you should have them placed under the muscle to provide additional support medially, or use the shaped textured implants over the muscle.  But with proper counseling, you should be able to choose the size you want as it is your body.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation size

I believe that for a natural look you may be going a little large.  However they will fit but may look somewhat over the top.  I like the rice test and the Mentor system to help. good luck

Miguel Delgado, MD

Want proportionate look - is 425/450ccs ridiculous?

Dear SFmomof4

Although I agree that 425/450cc implants would not be too large and your frame can carry that nicely, based on the photographs, I would discuss the upper pole transition from your chest to the implants with your surgeon in light of using HP vs M+ implants. Sometimes, you can have a better transition in the upper pole at the cost of slightly wider implants on the sides. You might have a slightly higher chance of rippling on the side but your upper pole will look more natural. The best guide is a discussion with your surgeon to better understand the impact of the implant shape.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

You will do great with that size.  I personally think a 445 or 485 Allergan Inspira moderate profile will look good. I don't use the 3D imaging systems as I have found that sizing in the office with a bra and sizers gives me a much better idea.  Look for a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good Luck!

Andrew Cohen MD

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Your opinion: Tall, thin, small frame, long torso, 32 AA, want proportionate look - is 425/450ccs ridiculous?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "proportionate” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Implant Size

Thank you for your photos and question. Based on your height, the analysis and photos you should have a nice result with 425/ 450 cc implants. While sizers and digital analysis are very helpful in giving you an idea of what to expect with various sizes, your anatomy and breast width are going to determine the ideal implant size for you. You want to take all of these factors into consideration and discuss with your plastic surgeon to make your decision. Best of luck with your decision and upcoming surgery.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Size? 425/450 cc?

Based on the information and dimensions that you have shared..i can tell you that you will be fine with the size that you are contemplating.  Don't think too hard..you are gonna look great. Enjoy.
Hope this helps.
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Tall, thin, small frame, long torso, 32 AA, want proportionate look - is 425/450ccs ridiculous?

Thank you for your question.  As part of your consultation, your surgeon needs to find the implants that fit within your anatomical dimensions and size preference.  There are many types of implant shapes to choose from.  You've done the Vectra analysis and tried on the sizers which is excellent.  Now you have to sit down with your surgeon and finalize your choice.  425/450cc HP looks good based on your photos.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS