I am 4 months post op Breast Augmentation. When can I get a massage where I lay on my stomach?

Massage after Breast augmentation

If you feel comfortable lying on your stomach, you should have no trouble having a massage. Even 4 months out of surgery, you may still experience some discomfort in this position.

Lying on your Belly

By this time you can lie on your belly for a massage.  Some people don't like the feeling, and two rolled up hand towels above and below your breasts will dissipate the pressure.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Massage and Breat Augmentation

Being 4 months post op on a breast augmentation is plenty of healing time. You should be completely comfortable lying on your stomach to get a massage. Enjoy.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Massage after BA

I think by 4 months postop that your implant pockets are mature and thus you should be fine to get a massage whether you are on your back or your tummy. I would check with your PS but I am certain you will be fine this far out from your surgery. Best wishes and enjoy your massage!!

Recovery after an augmentation

Everyone recovers different and it really depends on what kind of procedure you had and what implants were used too. Obviously any physical activity including massage can affect how you feel and how you heal. Sometimes surgeons can have restrictions on how long you have to wait before you can sleep or be on your stomach. It is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Best of luck with a speedy recovery, MMT

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Back Massage?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent breast augmentation. Assuming you've had an uncomplicated post-operative course and your breasts are well healed, you should be fine to lay on your stomach for a massage.  Please discuss this concern with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps.

Lying on Stomach after Breast Augmentation #breastimplants #breastaugmentation

• You shouldn't have any issues lying on your stomach to get a massage 4 months after a breast augmentation.
  • I allow my patients to sleep on their stomach whenever they feel comfortable doing so after their breast augmentation. 
  • Thanks for sharing!