I made a huge mistake and had 1 cc of Sculptra injected in the under eye hollow! I went to a new dermatologist who assured me...

that it wasn't a filler, so I wouldn't get lumps. I shouldn't have agreed! Only afterward did I read that it's not approved for use there. I'm visiting a country where there's no Belotero, and have not had good results with Restylane. Obviously I won't return there again! I massaged 5 minutes today, and will daily for 5 days. Should I use a lot of pressure, or a little? Are lumps likely to form, and when would they form? It looks fine now, although I've read this is just temporary swelling.

Sculptra Under The Eyes

I use scuptra here all the time. no fillers are approved for the under eye area.  many people use scuptra with the right dilution here to increase collagen, and often combine this with PRP or an HA filler such a belotero or restylane silk. I suggest you trust your physiican or go to someone who you do trust.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculpture Used for Tear Troughs

There is what is known as off-label usage of drugs and medical products that are not only perfectly legitimate and effective, but also very commonly performed.  Sculptra is a product that has unfortunately developed a bad reputation, and many doctors no longer use it. When done properly, Sculptra has many applications, including the tear troughs.  Gentle massage for a few minutes a few times per day is very good, and will encourage a smooth, even result.

Sculptra is technically not a filler. It is a crystalline polymer that promotes collagen production, which in turn causes volume increases and wrinkle reduction.

You should be fine.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Sculptra under the eyes

This is an excellent area for dilute injections of Sculptra. In my practice, i have seen excellent longterm results in the undereyes. I would massage the area with Plato's Scar Serum. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Sculptra

Sculptra, like any filler can produce lumps. There are no fillers that are approved for this area, and yet all of them are use there. I think you should continue to massage with firm pressure and the bump should not be visible. If you can feel it, that is OK as long as the contours are good.Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra under the eye

As you can see, many respected Doctors use Sculptra under the eye so don't panic. However, massage at this point isn't going to make any difference so you can stop. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Sculptra and under eye area

I love Sculptra and use it routinely on the face to build collagen and promote a more youthful appearance.  I don't typically use Sculptra under the eyes since Restylane and Belotero work so well.  If you are concerned you should consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in this delicate under eye area.  eMatrix also is fabulous at tightening the skin under the eyes.  Best, Dr. Green