How to conceal the waist and arm liposuction compression garment? (Photo)

Help!! I'm scheduled for lipo in 2 days. I will be returning to work on Tuesday. How do I conceal the compression garment? It's the waist compression garment and the arm compression garment.. Probably should've waited until the colder months.. But oh well. Thank you for your help!

Compression garments after liposuction of the trunk and arms?

Thanks for your question.  It always helps to start wearing loose clothes at work a few days before undergoing the procedure so the postoperative change in you does not seem as dramatic to your coworkers.  I take my bandages off my patients' upper arms within 24 to 48 hours and have never used compression garments in that area.  The results have uniformly been excellent.  I do however encourage patients to wear a surgical binder to compress the abdomen but for those trying to get back to work with minimal change in their clothing a high Spanks girdle often works well.  The benefit is that it is thin, elastic and virtually undetectable.Keep in mind that your surgeon may feel differently so please follow their instructions.

Concealing compression garments

you should always follow your plastic surgeons postoperative instructions.

I personally do not believe compression garments are quite as important as they are made out to be.
My typical protocol is for patients to wear them continuously except for showering for the first week. After that patients can wear them 12 hours on 12 hours off.

After the second week patients can stop wearing the compression garments unless they like wearing them.
I have certainly had patients not wear their compression garments.

I've also perform liposuction where I've instructed patient not to use compression garments.
To the best of my knowledge there results have been fine with no compromise.

I do not believe compression garments have any impact on final results after liposuction.I think you are probably better equipped and answering your own question than anyone else.

You know what you have in your wardrobe and what's appropriate to wear for work.

Some patients and physicians have been known to remove segments of compression garments with scissors to help them fit better or to disguise them under normal clothing.
Always follow your doctor's instructions.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

In my practice, I have patients use double compression (foam underneath and full body suit on top), 24/7 for 3-4 weeks and then nightly for another 3-4 weeks. Compression garments can be concealed with loose tops or dresses. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. Best, Dr. Emer

How to conceal compressoin garments

Thank you for your question.  The garment for your arms will  probably only go to your elbow so wearing a mid length top or dress should do the trick.  As far as your waist, wearing normal cloths should enough to cover the garment.  Darker clothing and dresses will probably be more comfortable for you as well.  I don't think anyone will be able to tell.  Compression garments are usually like spanks, if you don't want anyone to see them, they probably won't even notice.
Best  of luck,
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Liposuction - how to conceal the garments?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
The best way to conceal the garments is to wear loose clothing.In summer, this can be a dress with loose sleeves and not waist.Enjoy your result!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

How to conceal the waist and arm liposuction compression garment?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD