Lumps and wrinkles in abdomen after Liposuction. Please help! Will this resolve itself? If not, what are my options? (Photo)

I had liposuction of abdomen 4 months ago, for muscle definition. I had a lean abdomen before the surgery, now my belly looks deform and still have lumpiness, fibrosis and small pockets of fat. I had 20 sessions of lymphatic massage and wear the tight garment every day. Will this resolve itself, or, if not what are my options? Would I have to have another surgery? Could this be repaired? I am very sad and self conscious. Please help!

Post Liposuction Irregularities

Seeing this is very upsetting.  In my experience this is permanent and requires numerous combination treatments with external devices like venus legacy/velashape and z wave.  Sometimes fat transfer back to the area is needed or a surgical intervention.  I suggest speaking to a body contouring specialist.  This should get better over time especialy if you stretch, go into steam rooms and massage, and do the radiofrequency treatments.  However, it will take many many months.  I am sorry this happened to you, but it is a risk with undergoing hi definition liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Correcting Liposuction Irregularities

Thank you for your question on what can be done to correct liposuction problems.  Thin patients who desire liposuction must be treated with very good technique.  If more aggressive procedures are perfomed, irregularities may form.   First, I would encourage you to wait up to one year from the date of the procedure to start any surgical treatment.   Treatment may require microinjections of fat, surgical release of scar tissue, dilute kenalog injections, and/or other treatments.  I would recommend seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in liposuction in your area to determine the best course of action. 

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Irregularities

Thank you for the photos and sorry for your complication but see some experts in your area and get some opinions after a complete history and physical

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Liposuction results four months after liposuction

Although we normally wait six months to see the final results after liposuction, my opinion is that you are still going to have a problem.  I would however wait another two months before asking your surgeon what can be done.  This is a difficult situation - you were not a good candidate for liposuction in the first place, in my opinion, because it looks from your pre-op picture that you had minimal fat and the risks far outweighed the benefit.  Now your best solution is unfortunately another procedure to achieve a smoother result.  In my office, I would use the Vaser ultrasound device to melt the fat first and break up the scar tissue, but I would caution you that this would only improve the situation you have now, not make you completely smooth.