I have 700cc placed over the muscle and I really hate them. (photo)

I have 700cc placed over the muscle and I really hate the look. I am 4 weeks post op and I'm really hoping the shape changes and they shrink a little. What can I expect? Should I get a revision? I never wanted the fake look I never wanted a round look and I'm just very unhappy.

Wait awhile before considering revision.

A month after breast augmentation is relatively early in the recovery process. Your final results are still months away. It can take 3 to 4 months for your breast implants to soften and a full 6 months for your breast implants to settle into their final position. What changes in those months is the tightness of the tissues surrounding the implants and the position of the implants themselves. What won’t change is the shape and size of your implants. I suggest that you give it about 6 months, then consider revision surgery if you aren’t satisfied with the results.

Post op breast augmentation

Just give your body time to heal and don't judge your breasts for at least 6-8 months. The swelling needs to resolve and the breasts need to settle.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Thank you for your question and photo. I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the results of your #breast #augmentation. : The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may #swell more, feel more #uncomfortable, or have a different initial #shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
The #final #shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to #stretch and #relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.If you are unhappy and uncomfortable, discuss this with your #BCPS. If you are still unhappy with the results by six months postop, you may decide to discuss and/or pursue revision surgery. Best wishes!

Breast Implant Size

Thank you for your question and photos. Typically I would suggest waiting at least 6 months before considering a secondary procedure. You could expect your breasts and your comfort with them to change in that time as well. If not, you may want to discuss the option of smaller, less projecting breast implants with or without a lift. Share your concerns and continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon,

All the best

Downsizing procedure?

In my opinion, I would have you wait 4 to 6  months for a downsizing procedure. You will most likely need an adjustment of your breast capsule to match the newer smaller implants. Good luck with your revision. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Unhappy with results

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with your breast augmentation results.

It can take up to 6 months for your body to heal, swelling to decrease, implants to settle, and you to see your final results. In your case, since you have large implants, you may not notice a significant enough change that you will be satisfied with in the long run.

You may indeed require a revision surgery to replace the implants with a different size and/ or style and possibly get a breast lift. I suggest that you have open dialog with your operating surgeon to discuss your concerns as well as the results you were trying to achieve (photos of what you like can help with this dialog). If you don't feel you will get the results you desire, you can always get a second or third opinion.

I wish you the best of luck,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Large Saline Implants Over Muscle

Typically it takes approximately three months for breasts to settle after an augmentation.  Until that time the implants can often sit a bit too high, there can be some swelling, and the skin can appear a bit tight or stretched.  I tell my patients that this is the ONLY time that gravity is a woman's friend, as it can help everything to settle into place.  

In your case, however, I think these are unlikely to settle significantly.  The implants are simply too large and you do not appear to have thick enough breast tissue to disguise the upper pole of the implant (the top) so the look is very fake.

You need to have a serious discussion with your plastic surgeon.  Choosing the size and location of the implants is an integral part of achieving the look that you want.  This can be helped by bringing photos of breasts that you like to help your surgeon visualize the look you are after.

I suspect you will require a revision where you 1. exchange to smaller implants, 2. move to a new pocket, likely behind muscle, 3. have  an areolar reduction to make your nipple size smaller and very likely 4. require a breast lift. I would wait at least six months to do this to make sure that you are fully healed.  Good luck!

I have 700cc placed over the muscle and I really hate them.

At this point you are early in the healing process. Swelling and implants will continue to settle and scars will continue to improve. Follow up with your surgeon as directed. You should allow yourself at least three months before final results. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Unhappy

I am so sorry you hate the look. Breast augmentation is all about a healthy conversation between patients and their surgeons. I would recommend finding a plastic surgeon that really listens and tries to understand what your goals are for a natural larger look. Remember there are different companies that make different silicone implants and saline ones too. Anatomic versus round implants have long been debated and the recent American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery this was heavily debated at the scientific session. The jury is not out on this question and the most important thing is making an informed decision and understanding the risks and benefits associated with any type of implant that can include things like rotation or contracture. A board certified plastic surgeon's office can have sample implants to help you visualize what the implants feel like Best of luck! MMT

Large round fake looking breast implants

With you being 4 weeks out, there is probably still some swelling that will subside.  The shape, however, most likely will still look very round and fake, because that's what large saline- filled implants placed over the muscle in someone who has saggy breasts with little breast tissue and thin loose skin typically looks like.  Submuscular placement of silicone gel implants typically yields a more natural look and feel (with less rippling and wrinkling which is the biggest disadvantage of saline- filled implants as well as subglandular placement).  Usually with someone with your tissue characteristics, you are also looking a the possibility of needing a breast lift as well to deal with your excess loose skin (especially if you down size from your 700cc implants (which are considered very large by most standards) to give your breasts optimal shape).  The newer highly cohesive anatomically shaped "gummy bear" silicone gel implants can give you the most natural look with the least rippling/ wrinkling, least chance of capsular contracture and lowest rate of rupture.  I would recommend getting several consultations from board certified plastic surgeons experience in doing a lot of revisional breast surgery (hopefully not for their own patients).  Best wishes.