Butt implants placed under the muscle?
Doctor Answers 6
Under the muscle shows well
Even though they are placed inter muscually they are placed in the superficial part of the muscle so that the bulk of the muscle is below the implant so that it will not obscure your implant. Please see examples below.
Buttock implants - will they show?
Thank you for asking about your buttock implants.
- Buttock implants can be placed over or within the muscle.
- The ones placed over the muscle will show more but have a higher risk of infection and will usually droop - their weight pulls them down.
- Implants placed inside the muscle will show -
- But the space available smaller so very large implants usually cannot be placed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Buttock implant placement?
Safety first with any surgery! Whether skinny or not, buttock jmplants are best placed under, or at least within (in patients with very thick muscles) the gluteus maximus muscle. Indeed a subfascial placed buttock implant may look great for the first 6, even 12 months tops. However as the final swelling resolves and the size/weight of the implant succumbs to gravity over time, it will become visibly and papably obvious. The reason for this is twofold: 1) the investing fascia of the gluteus maximus muscle is extremely adherent and interwoven with the deeper muscle fibers. Because of this, it is impossible to place a 300+ cc buttock implant under this fascia layer without shredding it to pieces, thus rendering it subcutaneous (under and suported by the skin only), and 2) buttock implants are 5+ times as large as other implants which are typically placed subfascial (eg. calf and hip implants). These smaller lighter implants are readily supported long term by the fascia layer. However the much larger buttock implants would eventually thin out and erode through this layer making them obviously visible and artificially palpable.
Thus, the only way to place buttock implants for a reliable, long term, and natural outcome is under (or occassionally within) the gluteus maximus muscle. Glad to help.
You might also like...
Hi Reina and thanks for your question. The submuscular plane in these implants is risky because nerves and important vessels can be injured. The intramuscular plane gives the best natural results since you don't see or feel the implant from outside because it is covered by muscle. The size will depend on some measures on your anatomy.
The Implant placement under the muscles is not always safer than that over the muscle.
The Implant placement under the muscles is not always safer than that over the muscle. Under Muscle placement may also cause numbness or movement problem, supposing that the implant size is too big. However, the over muscle placement could get you more obvious changing result.
I would recommend you go to a board-certified plastic surgeon. An experience surgeon can give a good advice which pocket placement best suits you.
Butt implants pocket location
There are different techniques for butt implants surgery and here they are:
1. The sub muscular technique is the least favorable , because only small implants can be used , up high on the butt to avoid injury to the sciatic nerve. Consequently , it creates unnatural small bubble on top of the butt. It is the most painful technique and recovery is the longest. The most important fact is that patients are not happy with the result.
2. Intramuscular technique is quite common among surgeons, however it has quite a few limitations: Only small to medium size implants can be used, but most patients request big or large implants, the butt does not look natural because it is place in the middle of the butt and makes it look like a bubble, it does not fill the hips indentation and does not create nice 'S' curve.
3. Sub fascial technique is the best in my opinion and I have converted quite a few intra muscular implants to sub fascial implant. The technique was made popular by Dr Jose Abel dela Pena, who is a professor of anatomy at the Univ of Mexico in Mexico city and a board certified plastic surgeon. This technique allow for large implants. My biggest implants so far are 660 cc, but larger can be used as custom made in the right candidate. Since the pocket can be made quite large, it creates nice 'S' curve, nice hips curve and very nice projection. When done by expert, it looks very attractive and very natural for many years.(I have been doing it for 18 years).
In any event, it is in your best interest to do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, to avoid bad results and need for corrective surgery.
Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice 'S' curve , nice hips curve, nice projection and natural look.
So it is critical for you to choose the surgeon that create the nicest results in your eyes and check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.
Best of luck,
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.