Axillary breast tissue removal post op complications?

I had my right axillary breast tissue removed on 8/17. I developed a large accumlation of fluid (half a golf ball size) under my armpit afterwards. I'm using a compression garmet along with wrapping it. The fluid was asperated a week after surgery due to pain and now its back again. Will this go away eventually? Is this fluid normal? I'm not sure if I should be concerned.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced after removal of axillary tissue.  This area is prone for development of seromas (lots of lymphatic area). Often, a few aspirations are necessary to  completely resolve the fluid accumulation.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Thank you for the question and it is not unusual to develop a seroma following any surgery and not uncommon when the axilla is involved.  So follow closely with the advice of your surgeon.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD