How soon after Gallbladder removal surgery can I have my Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation?

I went to follow up with my Lap Band Doctor in La Jolla, and I told him about my on & off pain. My ultrasound was ordered ASAP, he called and told me I need surgery for Gallblader removal. I told him to book me ASAP, since I wanted my cosmetic surgery Dec 2014. I need a few opinions from professionals out there. How soon after my surgery is it safe if no complications arise for my Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation.

Time Between a Major Surgery and Cosmetic Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled.

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.   
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.

Wants mommy make-over soon after gall bladder removal.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over after a gall bladder removal.

Usually a person can have surgery 6 weeks after a gall bladder is removed.
But it depends very much on your recovery and your energy.
Your general surgeon and your plastic surgeon need to approve the plan.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this information is helpful. Best wishes.

MM after Gallbladder Surgery

Recommendations will vary, but I would recommend 8 weeks.  It would be best to talk with both your General Surgeon and Plastic Surgeon to see what the two of them agree on.  Best wishes for your surgery!

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty probably safely performed for six weeks after laparoscopic cholecystectomy.

Assuming your gallbladder operation is uncomplicated I would think you could proceed with and abdominoplasty before six weeks. This would have to be done with the approval of the general surgeon..

How soon after a Gallbladder removal surgery can I have my Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation?

Most plastic surgeons would suggest you wait 4 to 6 weeks following a non-complicated gallbladder removal surgery before you have a tummy tuck/breast augmentation.  But, you should also check with the surgeon that performed your gallbladder surgery.  They may have a different time frame. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Your general surgeon and plastic surgeon will be your best resources when it comes to addressing your questions. Generally speaking, assuming your  cholecystectomy is performed laparoscopically, and you have no complications, you should be able to proceed within a few weeks/1 month. Best wishes for complication free gallbladder surgery and “mommy makeover” procedures you will be very pleased with.

Gallbladder removal and tummy tuck

Hi and thanks for your question. I would ask your general surgeon this question. In general, a tummy tuck can be performed several weeks following an endoscopic technique to remove your gall bladder provided there are no complications. Endoscopic surgery has allowed most patients to undergo elective aesthetic surgery of the abdomen since the surgical scars are minimal. Best of luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

If the surgery is done endoscopically, the TT should be fine in a few weeks if there is no infection. If the GB surgery is done with a long incision, TT is not safe for a long time.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD