I am in my 50s with good skin, am I too old for the Halo laser?

I have some wrinkles of course, at the point where Botox isn't enough. Can I get a benefit from Halo for moderate wrinkles and age spots? Quoted $1850 for treatment in large city?

Halo benefits in your 50's

The best way to think about addressing facial aging is by using multiple modalities that will compliment each other to give you a beautiful and harmonious result. Therefore, I do agree with you that Botox has a limited benefit, especially in the upper third of the face. If you are really interested in reversing some of the damage that has been done by sun, such as pigmentation, vascularity, large pore size, as well as fine lines, I think that you will appreciate the benefits of Halo. However, the lower third of the face will benefit from additional injectables and fillers that will help re fill some of the lost volume that happens once you enter your 50's. Of course as you know, the area that becomes most apparent is the neck area since we start having the banding of the platysma muscle, as well as excess skin in the jowl area, and possibly subcutaneous fat. Each of these have their own modality which will help create a smoother contour to the jaw line as well as the lower face. Therefore I advice you to have a frank conversation with your doctor, and seek at least two different opinions to make sure you're getting the entire perspective on what is possible for what you want to have done. 

Halo benefits in your 50's

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Halo Laser Treatment

There is no age restriction on the Halo.  But if you are older and require more than a fractional non-ablative treatment, I would suggest looking into fractional co2 ablation which gives more of a result in a single treatment (but will be more expensive).  Best, Dr. Emer.

Halo Laser Treatment

Halo Candidate

Treatment is not based on age, but on the issues of the skin.  The halo is a great treatment for fine lines, pores, and pigmentation issues.  If you have more advanced wrinkles you may need a more agressive laser resurfacing treament, but it will require much more down time.  If you can afford to have downtime the Halo is the next best thing when performed in a series.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo Candidate

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo

You are absolutely not too old for the Halo!  The Halo is safe and can give great result.  Please go to an experience provider.  ... and enjoy!!!!!

Dr. Grant Stevens              Marina Plastic Surgery Associates            Marina del Rey, CA        The Institute

Halo

Age Limit for Halo.

You are a prime age for the Halo as patients typically range from 35 to 70. Halo is a cutting edge laser for the treatment of wrinkles and age spots.

Fees will range across the country, and the fees for Halo in South Florida is generally less than more expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles or in areas with fewer physicians providing Halo.  

Age Limit for Halo.

Age and Halo laser

Anyone can benefit from Halo, there really is no age restriction. Halo can target your wrinkles and age spots. Depending on your goals, more than one treatment may be necessary if you really want to reduce the wrinkles. I wish you the best of luck.

Age and Halo laser

Too old for Halo?

Fortunately, there are really no age restrictions for Halo laser treatment. 

Obviously, without seeing a photo of you, no one can definitively answer your question.   However, I appreciate the wording of your question:  "Can I get benefit from Halo for moderate and wrinkles and age spots?"

What your question demonstrates, to me, is that you have very reasonable expectations. 

Best of luck to you.

Too old for Halo?

Best of luck to you.

Halo in your 50s

Hello Misspurdy, the Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser is perfectly fine for someone in their 50s. It's a great laser for reducing wrinkles and age spots with less downtime than some other aggressive lasers. $1850 in a large city does sound about right depending on the number of treatments you were quoted. Best of luck!

Halo in your 50s