I am in my 50s with good skin, am I too old for the Halo laser?

I have some wrinkles of course, at the point where Botox isn't enough. Can I get a benefit from Halo for moderate wrinkles and age spots? Quoted $1850 for treatment in large city?

Halo Laser Treatment

There is no age restriction on the Halo.  But if you are older and require more than a fractional non-ablative treatment, I would suggest looking into fractional co2 ablation which gives more of a result in a single treatment (but will be more expensive).  Best, Dr. Emer.

Halo Candidate

Treatment is not based on age, but on the issues of the skin.  The halo is a great treatment for fine lines, pores, and pigmentation issues.  If you have more advanced wrinkles you may need a more agressive laser resurfacing treament, but it will require much more down time.  If you can afford to have downtime the Halo is the next best thing when performed in a series.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo

You are absolutely not too old for the Halo!  The Halo is safe and can give great result.  Please go to an experience provider.  ... and enjoy!!!!!

Dr. Grant Stevens              Marina Plastic Surgery Associates            Marina del Rey, CA        The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Age Limit for Halo.

You are a prime age for the Halo as patients typically range from 35 to 70. Halo is a cutting edge laser for the treatment of wrinkles and age spots.

Fees will range across the country, and the fees for Halo in South Florida is generally less than more expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles or in areas with fewer physicians providing Halo.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Age and Halo laser

Anyone can benefit from Halo, there really is no age restriction. Halo can target your wrinkles and age spots. Depending on your goals, more than one treatment may be necessary if you really want to reduce the wrinkles. I wish you the best of luck.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Too old for Halo?

Fortunately, there are really no age restrictions for Halo laser treatment. 

Obviously, without seeing a photo of you, no one can definitively answer your question.   However, I appreciate the wording of your question:  "Can I get benefit from Halo for moderate and wrinkles and age spots?"

What your question demonstrates, to me, is that you have very reasonable expectations. 

Best of luck to you.

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Halo in your 50s

Hello Misspurdy, the Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser is perfectly fine for someone in their 50s. It's a great laser for reducing wrinkles and age spots with less downtime than some other aggressive lasers. $1850 in a large city does sound about right depending on the number of treatments you were quoted. Best of luck!

Michael E. Jones, MD