does sculpsure tighten the skin at all? also, with each treatment, is it consistent 20-24% loss of fat?

sculpsure-skin tighten? do results remain the same with repeated treatments?

SculpSure is for smoothing unwanted fat bulges, not for weight loss. It may tighten the skin a bit.

SculpSure does not officially claim to tighten the skin, but for the small areas of reduction it works on, it generally does tighten the skin a bit. More importantly, skin that is not too thin or loose already will generally snap back into a good shape after the treatment on its own. The right areas for fat reduction and decisions about whether the skin will tighten properly can only be made in person with your experienced SculpSure physician. The nice thing about SculpSure is that it can be used in smaller areas of unwanted fat or in areas that are not shaped well to fit into the CoolSculpting vacuum handpiece, since there is no suction. 

SculpSure and skin tightening

Thank you for your question. Yes, SculpSure does provide a skin tightening affect. The SculpSure procedure uses a hyperthermic laser that heats up the fat cells so that it not only gets rid of them, but also helps promote collagen or elastin production for tighter skin. With any fat loss or fat reeducation/removal procedure, the percentage of fat that is removed varies for each person. The 24% reduction rate is the maximum results our patients have seen but there are some patients that have seen less than that. Most patients only need 1 treatment. For those that have larger treatment areas or want better results, yes they will see more with another treatment. Please schedule an in-person consultation so that you doctor can make sure you are a candidate for SculpSure. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure and skin tightening...

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Sculpsure is specific to the fat. However, depending on the tone of your skin, some patients may experience skin tightening.
The percentage of fat loss is a more difficult question. In theory the studies showed the 20% of fat reduction. I'm not aware of the percentage after the second treatment.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish, Thermi

Sculpsure is a noninvasive laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. Coolsculpting freezes the fat while sculpsure heats it.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

SculpSure and skin tightening

SculpSure is amazing, it is the world's first FDA indicated laser for non-surgical fat reduction.  There is minimal discomfort and it only takes 24 minutes to perform, with no down time.  It has been approved for the abdomen and flanks, but off label use can be applied to any area of the body.  We have seen some skin tightening with our treatment sessions, and yes, you can expect, on average, a 25% reduction in subcutaneous fat layer being treated.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

No skin tightening with SculpSure. Results vary

Firstly, SculpSure is not designed to tighten skin, other devices such as Themage maybe a better indication. The real indication if fat reduction in the area of the abdomen. Providing all other factors are consistent, one should expect a 20-25% fat reduction with the first treatment. As with all treatments, results can vary, one patient may demonstrate a 10% reduction whilst the other a 30% reduction. We can not predict who will have the higher gain, but can only comment on probability. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Does sculpsure tighten the skin at all?

SculpSure is currently FDA approved to treat the abdomen and flanks but can be used as off label on other parts of the body. SculpSure does not currently have FDA approval for use as a skin tightening device.  No scientific study has been published regarding skin tightening although some may see some improvement of the skin in the areas treated.  Each procedure can destroy up to 20-25% of fat cells in the treated area, with each additional treatment should reduce another 20-25%.  

Thank you

Saul Lahijani, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Heating the Skin!

SculpSure doesn't have the indication currently for skin tightening but it certainly makes sense!  Heat causes contraction. Unlike cooling the skin the heat delivered with this laser will tighten skin and this is what I have found in all patients treated. 

In subsequent treatments, one would expect a further 24% reduction in the treatment area. 

Can get some skin tightening

Sculpsure involves laser and heat with skin cooling.  The laser probably provides some degree of skin tightening but it has not been specifically documented.
The laser does its work each time, so the results would be additive, but the percentage of fat reduction with repeat use has not been tested.

Does SculpSure tighten the skin?

SculpSure does not currently have FDA approval for use as a skin tightening device.  There are some physicians who feel that there may be some skin tightening with the treatments and it is something that may be studied in the future.  At present, I would not have the treatment to specifically address skin tightening, but for fat reduction.  Repeated sessions of SculpSure can be performed to obtain additional fat reduction.  A single procedure can destroy up to 24% of fat cells in the treated area.  Additional treatments will also destroy up to 24% of fat cells.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon