No feeling of treatment during and post Sculpsure procedure

Hello, I had a Sculpsure treatment done on my flanks 2 days ago. During the procedure I felt nearly nothing. Also after the procedure I had absolutely not the feeling I had any sort of treatment done. Moreover, I had nil redness nor any swelling. Is this something you see w/ your patients as well? Thank you for your answer in advance!

SculpSure & no pain

Thank you for your question. Generally, most patients do not feel pain during the SculpSure procedure. It varies per person according to their pain tolerance. The procedure is also controlled by different levels. Just because you did not feel as much does not mean you won’t see results.

No feeling during and post Sculpsure

The great thing about SculpSure is that it gives the same or better results as other non-invasive devices like Coolsculpting, without all the side effects of pain, swelling, bruising, or numbness, and does so with no downtime. So you should not be concerned that you are not feeling pain or tenderness afterwards, or noticing redness or swelling.
However, to see destruction of fat cells, the device must get the fat to 42-47 degrees C. For most patients, at these temps, they will feel periods of deep warmth or heat, alternating with cooling. If you felt no heat or warmth at all during the session, you may not have been at the correct level to see the desired effect, and may not see expected results.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish, Thermi

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

No pain is ok

SculpSure usually causes minimal discomfort but many patients feel no papain no pain at all. This is unlike many of the other contouring devices. The energy delivered by the laser will reach and kill fat cells despite no pain!  

SculpSure is not a "no pain no gain" treatment

Absolutely – This is the advantage of SculpSure – it’s a really comfortable treatment with no downtime. Very, very few patients experience redness or tenderness. We haven’t had any patients report swelling, nor has the manufacturer reported any swelling.
Don’t be concerned that this doesn’t mean you’ll have results. An uncomfortable procedure DOES NOT mean better results.

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you.

I had the procedure done myself  a week ago.  I certainly did feel the heat in my flank area alternated with the cooling aspect during the procedure.  After the procedure there was mild discomfort for only a short period.  I also did not have any redness or swelling in the areas treated.  So far so good!!!

Good luck!!

Thank you  

Saul Lahijani, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Sculpsure

Great question. This is the advantage of sculpsure! No pain, No downtime. None of my patients have had swelling and the mild redness which is gone in 30 to 60 minutes. Patient will feel warmth followed by cooling during the procedure. 

Sculpsure Treatment

I can see how you would be concerned!  We have been conditioned to expect pain in order to obtain a result.  However, one of the best things about SculpSure is the minimal discomfort or, more often, complete lack of discomfort during treatment.  Patients may feel short periods of warmth, but this warmth is not painful.  Occasionally, depending on the area treated, patients feel very little.  The next day, patients rarely experience any side effects.  Our patients have been thrilled and surprised at the complete lack of downtime.  Best of luck, and enjoy the fat reduction coming your way in a few weeks!

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and Pain During Treatment

Some patients have very little pain during this Sculpsure treatment, the results will be noticeable in 6-12 weeks.  Often people need more than one treatment to get further results but its nice because there is very little pain or inflammation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

One of the many benefits of SculpSure treatment is the lack of discomfort during and after the procedure.  This is the opposite of many other treatments out there and does lead to patients questioning if anything was done.  Most likely, you had a good treatment and will see some results with time.  The majority of patients do feel a slight sense of warmth that can occasionally get to an uncomfortable feeling.  Speak with your physician if you are concerned.

Naveen Setty, MD