Can SculpSure be used on the arms?

I am 5'4", 120lbs, healthy, and pretty slim compared to my arms. No matter how much weight I lose, the fat in my arms remain. Have any doctors used SculpSure on the arms with success?

SculpSure arms?

Arms are being treated off-label with success, but apparently more uncomfortably than other areas. Fat is fat however and should react like other areas., Good luck.

Encinitas OB/GYN

SculpSure is totally OK for Arms

Thank you for your question.  Arms/calfs and love handles are difficult areas to exercise and target in order to slim down. SculpSure for arms is considered an off -label indication, but does not mean its not safe. You will need to have in person consultation to access the skin quality and laxity on your arms to see if you are a candidate first, and then if you are, on average it takes 2 applicators per arm to treat the area.  Hope this helps.  Please find an authorized and board certified expert in your area for a personalized consultation. Best, Dr. Avaliani

Anna Avaliani, MD
New York Physician

Can SculpSure Be Used On The Arms?

The backs of the arms can be treated off-label with success. Your provider must ensure that there is enough pillowing fat in the treatment places to give a results-driven treatment.  The treatment itself does work and can give nice definition to someone who has a stubborn pocket of fat at the area. The number of treatment sessions required is going to vary based on the patient's goals and expectations.

Vu Ho, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure on the arms

While not FDA approved for the arms, doctors may use the device anywhere on the body (as off-label use) if they deem that the benefits of the procedure outweigh the risk.  You should speak to your local, board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and find out if they are experienced in using SculpSure on arms and what they would recommend for you.

Hooman Khorasani, MD

SculpSure on arms

Yes, we are treating arms with SculpSure. Even with diet and exercise, most people have stubborn pockets of fat that seem impossible to lose. SculpSure’s body contouring technology is able to target and destroy these fat cells without affecting the skin’s surface, without surgery or downtime. SculpSure’s non-surgical 25 minute procedure uses light-based technology to permanently destroy up to 24% of treated fat in problem areas. Over time, these damaged fat cells are naturally absorbed and removed from the body, with results seen as quickly as six weeks, and optimal results typically seen at 12 weeks.

Dennis Gross, MD

Sculpsure for arms

The FDA has not approved either for the arms. Liposuction still remains the standard for removal of fat on the arms. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can offer both surgical and nonsurgical options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

SculpSure for the arms

Thank you for your question. Yes, SculpSure can be used to treat the arms. The SculpSure procedure can be used to treat the abs, flanks, upper arms, thighs, knees and other locations with fat deposits. Each area must have an approved amount of fat deposit which is reviewed by the doctor that you consult with. Make sure to research one that is well versed on the SculpSure procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure can be used on the arms

Sculpsure targets fat just below the skin.  It uses laser to gently heat up the fat below the skin while keeping the skin cool.  It is approved for the abdomen and flanks or love handles but has been used off label for many other areas.  Because its core mechanism is to target fat cells, Sculpsure doesn't care where the fat is, but its a matter of finding a physician that will understand how to use Sculpsure effectively in the arm areas.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure treatment for arms

SculpSure, the world's first FDA indicated laser for non-surgical fat reduction is indicated for the abdomen and flanks.  It can be used off-label in multiple other areas, including the arms.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to evaluate your situation.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish, Thermi

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS