Corrugator muscle and Botox

2 moths ago I had my corrugator muscle cut to remove frown lines but the procedure did not work. Would like to get Botox where the muscle was cut including my forehead but unsure how long I should wait?

Corrugator resection unsuccessful- can Botox help?

Corrugator resection can often be unsuccessful despite the best attempts at surgery. In fact, in our practice we rarely remove the corrugator any more since the advent of Botox.   In our practice we would ask that you wait 3 months after surgery to use Botox, but check with your surgeon as he/she may have a different time sequence.  

Below is a Botox patient with corrugator issues for reference. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Botox injection into Corrugator Muscle

Botox is a fabulous injection for the corrugator muscle to freeze those "11"s.  Since it has been two months since the surgery it is perfectly safe to have this area injected with Botox now.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Botox and facial injections.

Botox after corrugator resection

Corrugator resection is typically not 100% successful in reducing vertical frown lines but Botox often is 100% successful. At this point you should be safe to inject botox 2 months after surgery. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

When Can I Get Botox After Corrugator Resection?

Dear mafiaisland,  You can safely treat the residual corrugator and procerus muscle activity with Botox after 2 months. Good luck. Dr. Gervais 

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Treating the corrugator and procerus muscles with Botox

After an unsuccessful corrugator resection it is safe to treat the muscle with Botox 2 months into your recovery.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Use of Botulin toxin attempted removal of the Corrugators

Attempted partial removal of the Corrugator muscles for the purpose of frown lines reduction or, as treatment of migraine headaches is not always successful.
That does not preclude you for to continue the use of Botulin toxin. Treatment of Botulin toxin 8 weeks after the procedure is safe.

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Corrugator muscle and Botox

Yes. Unfortunately, the corrugator muscle can still function in some cases after being cut or the ends can scar back together and continue functioning after surgery. Botox treatment at this time should be safe. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Persistent lines after corrugator resection

Hi 

Corrugator muscles may scar back together again after they are cut. It should be safe to inject Botox at this point. You should definitely consider consulting your surgeon prior to proceeding. 

Syed M. Sayeed, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Corrugator muscle and Botox

If you can see that the surgery to cut the corrugator muscles didn't work, at 2 months postop it should be "safe" to have botox injections. Check with your plastic surgeon to find out if he or she agrees. Thanks for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD