Can I shower with compression garment? I had a liposuction 2 days ago.

Shower.

I am not aware of any surgeon recommending you shower in your post-liposuction garments. I usually advice my patients get out of the garments after 48 hours and then shower. You can then get back into a new garment or wash your garment while you shower and dry. Ask your surgeon what you should do or look at your instruction sheet. Best, Dr. ALDO

Can I shower with compression garment?

Thank you for your question. I tell my patients to remove garment and quick shower next day. Please talk to your surgeon as everyone has different approach

Compression garment

I allow my patients to take off the garment to shower and to change when laundering it.  Best of luck.

Shower after having a liposuction

I would recommend you not to have a proper shower, at least for 7 days because this increases the risk of infection, and after, for your firsts showers use purified water. 

Regards
Dra. Disnalda Matos

Disnalda Matos, MD

Shower with a compression garment

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You would not want to shower while wearing your garment.
  • If you want to remove your garment and shower, you should get your own surgeon's permission.
  • Every surgeon does things differently - so get the instructions from your own surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression Garment Question--Ask Doctor and Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone to aftercare

You can follow up with your Dr. about their protocols, but generally people remove them to shower. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to help decrease swelling.  I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though always best to ask your treating physician, patients are supposed to remove their compression garment to shower and then replace it once done.  Hope this helps.