Which tattoo removal laser is superior? The Alex TriVantage, the Astanza Trinity, or the Medlite C6.

I've been getting rather unsuccessful laser treatments for going on 2 years with an outdated Medlite. I've put myself through a lot of pain and am seeking other options to see more progress. I had a consultation today and want to make sure I wasn't just "sold". I was quoted 4 sessions for an entire very colorful sleeve, and two smaller tattoos on my hips at $1500 total. Is this a fair price? They felt with the TriVantage, after 4 sessions, it should be light enough to cover.

Trivantage

It's hard to answer your question without knowing more detail on the tattoo itself, but 4 sessions sounds a little on the low side, though it is possible.

Cherry Hill Dermatologist

Which laser tattoo removal system is best?

The newest and best laser tattoo removal system currently available is the Picosure laser.  It removes tattoos with half the number of treatments as the older technologies.  There is less than a 1% risk of scarring.  It is even effective on "ghost" tattoos that have failed previous removal attempts!

Before you make your decision contact a doctor in your area who offers the Picosure laser.  A consultation will help you decide what is the best choice for you.

Wishing you every success! Dr Carr  

Pamela Carr, MD
Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon