How much does it cost to repair gauged ears?

I am looking to repair my earlobes that are stretched to a 00g and am wondering what the cost is in the St. Louis, MO area.

Cost for Gauged or Stretched Earlobe Repair #earloberepair #gaugedearlobe

• The cost of earlobe repair will differ from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon, and it may also differ depending on location.
  • At our practice in Seattle, for large gauged earlobe repair, we typically charge around $850/earlobe.
  • I do understand that cost is important, but perhaps an equally important question to ask: how will your earlobes look after repair?
  • Definitely make sure you seek out a plastic surgeon who has experience closing stretched/gauged earlobes.  These repairs are different then closing a simple torn earlobe piercing.
  • With a gauged earlobe, a lot of the excess skin must be discarded, and oftentimes skin excision must be performed in both the horizontal direction (to shorten the lobe) and the vertical direction to narrow the lobe.
  • If this technique is not used you run the risk of having an unnaturally long or pointy earlobe.
  • Best of luck to you!

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

The  repair of the stretched ear lobe is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Care must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates.

You will find that costs will vary from one practice to another (600.00 to 1000.00 in our office)

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Cost to repair gauged earlobe defects

While costs vary depending on the complexity and the amount of time required, repair of both ears will cost between 750-1500. Costs will be lower when the operation is conducted under local anesthetic in the office setting. Most people can tolerate this procedure under local anesthetic.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Repairing gauged ears

Fees vary based on geographical location and other factors. Repairing earlobe gauges is more complex than simple earlobe lacerations and fees should reflect that time and difficulty.

Cost to repair gauged ear lobes

Hello - this will vary depending on surgeon and your location. In general, ballpark estimate would be between $500-$750 per ear.

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Costs for earlobe repair

Of course, the costs vary from city to city and doctor to doctor.  Also, if repairing one or two ear lobes.  A range would be from $750-$1500 under a local anesthetic as an outpatient.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon