Botox in forehead causing strange ripples, strange new lines that weren't there before. (photos)

I had botox in July for the first time. 2 weeks after, I noticed these vertical lines/ripples going from my brow area and between up to the hairline. There were also slight indentations above my brows going towards the hairline. I waited 4 months and go back. I showed the nurse and explained my concerns. She said my doc prob didn't do enough. We tried again and withing a few days an the lines are back- andworse! I went back for more and lines still there :( Pls help

Botox and Lines

In my opinion it looks like you could use treatment in the glabella area as well to reduce the look of the lines in that area., Please consult with a professional in your area.

Forehead Lines After Botox

It appears only your forehead was injected and not your glabella (11’s). These two areas work together and when only one is injected it can result in the glabella lines. I recommend consulting with an expert and having additional Botox injected into the glabellar area. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox in forehead causing strange ripples, strange new lines that weren't there before.

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. This can sometimes occur after treatment with Borox, and it is the result of untreated or udnertreated muscles becoming more active as surrounding muscles are weakened. This can generally be fixed with a small amount of additional Botox. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Wrinkles with Botox--Lasers, microneedling/prp

This is a common thing that can occur with Botox. Wrinkles can compensate and form near the treated area, but can be improved with lasers, microneedling/prp or a touch-up of Botox. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Vertical lines after Botox

The lines are due to either the muscles did not get enough or proper placement or simply muscle fibers trying to overcome the Botox effect by recruiting. it sounds like you should see another doctor and be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Vertical lines after Botox

These are caused by the corrugator muscle. This muscle needs more injected. If not happy with current treatment, seek another opinion.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Forehead lines after Botox

Botox is being administered by almost everyone in any kind of doctor's office.  The results are exquisitely related to the skill of the injector.  If you have had less than perfect results you may want to consult another practitioner who will be better able to appreciate your particular muscular anatomy and physiology.

Vertical forehead lines

Agree with other commenters. You have likely had your frontalis muscle injected primarily.  You need a little more in your glabella area (corrugator and procerus muscles)

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did Botox cause new lines?

Hello chrissyb23,

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. It appears as though you only had your forehead injected with botox. The new lines you are experiencing appear to be the glabellar area (causes the "11's") compensating the loss of mobility of your forehead, for this reason I like to recommend counterbalancing injections in this area. In other words not just treating forehead or glabella alone. Be well.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Botox and New Lines

Botox is a great cosmetic injection when done properly.  If the forehead is injected and the glabella is not, then you can get the result that you have.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who specializes in cosmetic injections for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green