Is It Safe to Smoke After the Surgical Removal of a Mucous Cyst ?

The cyst had formed inside my lower lip and I had it surgically removed around 8 days ago, will it be safe to smoke?

Smoking after Surgery?

The use of tobacco before and immediately after surgery increases the risk of complications including necrosis (death of tissue). Generally, I advise patients avoid tobacco for at least two weeks before surgery and three weeks after. Check with your doctor, but I would avoid tobacco to avoid complications. Good luck.

Smoking after Surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}