I went to get CoolSculpting done on my love handles today. Is it normal that only one side is slightly pink and not the other?

CoolSculpting Reactions

Each treatment area is different and can have different reactions.  You really can't compare different CoolSculpting areas.  As long as you did the full treatment, there is no need to worry. 

Only one side is pink

I wouldn't worry about different skin reactions to either side.  I had slight bruising on one side and not the other myself. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question. This is not uncommon. Bruising, swelling, and redness can appear differently on each flank. This should subside with time. Speak to your chosen provider if you are concerned. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting and skin color change

Hi,  It is very common during the initial 24 hours for there to be somewhat of a difference in the skin color of the love handles or any other treatment areas.  The massaging may have been somewhat different or you may merely have a difference the recovery phase of the skin color due to any number of factors associated with the entire process.  This should not effect your outcome whatsoever.  I would think by the time you read this answer, you are seeing the color match being better and you are on your way to having the fat cells go into the absorption phase.  Be patient, contour improvements should show in several months and there will not be a worry about the initial asymmetric skin color change.

One sided discoloration or bruising after coolsculpting...

It's not uncommon to have some bruising or pinkness following coolsculpting.  The two sides of your body, while treated in the same manner, may not respond similarly.  Thus, it is possible to have discoloration on one side and not the other.  These side effects are minimized with the use of the new Cool Advantage applicator.  I'm sure you will get fantastic results and congrats on your treatment!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting results

I wouldn't be worried. It is not uncommon for a CoolSculpting treatment to cause bruising, swelling, or discoloration which when they do occur don't necessarily look the same at every treatment site.

Side effects of CoolSculpting

it has possible to have different side effects over the variety of areas treated.  This is true with redness, bruising, numbness and delayed onset pain. In addition, there could be variations between sessions where the same area could experience different side effects over different sessions. This should resolve over several days to a week
All the bestDr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

CoolSculpting Side Effects

CoolSculpting can cause bruising, swelling and redness. It is not abnormal to have discoloration on one side and not the other. I suggest SculpSure with Vanquish in the future as it has no downtime or risk of these side effects. We combine other treatments to get an improved outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer

Is it normal for one side to be slightly pink and not the other after CoolSculpting to flanks?

It is possible to get some temporary discoloration of the skin after a CoolSculpting treatment.  Sometimes, this can be bruising, but it is also possible to get redness or a pink discoloration.  If discoloration occurs, it is not always on both sides or the same on both sides, so it would not be unusual for you to have one flank slightly pink and not the other.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slightly Pink Skin after CoolSculpting Treatment

This sounds like a normal reaction that we've seen at our Lipo Spa centers.  Assuming that the same applicator type was used on both sides of the body, it may be that you had a little more tissue draw on one side vs. the other.  The "pink" flushed look generally goes away after a few days.  If you have continued concerns after 3-5 days, contact your provider.Best of luck to you, Doc Halliday

Douglas Halliday, PhD, MD
Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon