My veneers look like horse teeth! What can I do? (Photo)

My veneers look like horse teeth! i got my four front top done. there's still a gap in the front and the dentist said there's nothing they can do about it because its my gum and the way my teeth are. Before it was cemented on, he said he can cover up the gap and contour my veneers but he sent me home with horse teeth. I wanted braces but dentist said veneers are better for me.

Porcelain Veneers

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the outcome of your veneers. Getting veneers are supposed to be pleasant, fun, exciting and a  life-changing experience. In my opinion you should get Invisalign done while you keep these veneers and close the gaps of the original teeth. Once the gaps from your original teeth are closed, you should get a new set of veneers and make sure they shade matches better. I would prefer a more translucent shade, has these appear to opaque.

Veneers

a smile design would be done before they had proceed to make veneers,
with this pictures it seems that you only did 4, veneers, you still have the gap there medial form the cuspid, 
on cases like yours its an error, you have a wide smile, and you are able to see  all the way to the bicuspids,
if you really want to make big change , needs to be all the way to the bicuspids,
and you can make those front ones more thinner.
also they will look more aesthetically , you will be able to close those gaps, and if you combine with gum contouring, you will reduce the gummy smile you have.
but yes, you have a solution.

Veneers

you have to consider one thing that u r not ideal case for veneers. as in yr pre photos i can see good amount of spacing in teeth. best way in yr case is veneer treatment followed by braces treatment. spacing at gum level is because of that.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

Unhappy with veneers ... #DrSarahThompson #RealSelf100

Your veneers do not look perfect, but they don't look as bad as you probably think.  I would have recommended veneering more teeth on the top to allow for more of a cosmetic look, but often times, patients do what is in their budgets.  Your veneers are definitely an improvement, compared to your natural teeth, but they could have been better.  I always advise patients to return to the dentist that did the work and explain to them exactly what you are not happy about.  That dentist will likely revise your treatment, when possible (considering you are not returning several months later).  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Veneers not properly done - what can be done

The first impression after looking your pictures is that veneers are significantly longer than your natural teeth, one of the reasons that looks bulky.

Lateral incisor number 7 is way longer than the number 9, that gives you an un even smile too.

To fix the middle gap your dentist should made a contouring of the gum before preparing the teeth for veneers.

To fix the gaps between your canines and laterals you should have veneers on both canines.

Unfortunately, not all dentists are cosmetic dentistry specialists and not all dental labs can deliver a good work (this is first reason of frustration of all dentists around the world)

If your doctor told you there is nothing more to do, your doctor recognized his limitations in cosmetic dentistry field. You should consider to visit other doctor with more experience in the area.

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Doing porcelain veneers perfectly is not easy

While getting an improved look can be done by almost ANY dentist, getting a "perfect" outcome is much more difficult.  Doing just 4 increases the challenge, as balancing proportions is easier when doing 8-10 instead.  While doing just 4 is less expensive, it tends to appear bulky and changing the color is not an option (most patients want a more white look).

Closing the black triangle can be done in a few ways:  dermal fillers (like Juvederm) can be placed into the gums and "plump" the tissues.  This may be all you need for that.  When the veneers were prepped, the margin (edge of prep) would need to be below the gumline so that the veneers emerge from the tissues touching each other.

Closing gaps with braces is one way to have done it, but keeping the teeth in the new position is a challenge.  With veneers everything will stay put.

It is possible that you feel that they are bulky simply because they are new, and in time you will be more satisfied.  However, I would express your feelings with your dentist, and perhaps get an exam from someone else that is experienced in cosmetics and porcelain veneers.