What cream is best to use post laser tattoo removal treatment?

Hi i have just had my first laser tattoo removal session, What cream is recommended to put on. I have been advised to use aloe vera gel for first few days and the a tissue repair cream with copper peptide in it. But the copper peptide cream is £32 for a 30ml bottle. so was just wondering what cream is advised. Thanks

Post Laser Tattoo Removal Treatment

I recommend to my patients to apply Aquaphor or Vaseline to the treated area. Make sure to cover the area with a non-stick bandage, such as gauze. It is very important to follow your physician’s aftercare instructions.  

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Cream after tattoo removal

I would recommend a semi-occlusive barrier such as Aquaphor ointment (petrolatum) , not sure the brand name in your region .

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to tattoo removal. Post care can vary among providers. Although, Aquaphor which is an over the counter ointment can be used as well. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Aquaphor helps tattoo removal healing

Thanks for your question. You may use Aquaphor- it’s a moisturizer barrier to protect the area. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Best cream post laser tattoo removal?

Hello, thank you for your question. The recommendations that we make in our office post procedure are as follows;

POSTOPERATIVE TREATMENT CARE

Immediately after treatment, there should be a “slight frosting” on the area that is treated. Erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site can occur and may last up to 2 hours or longer. Pinpoint bleeding may also occur.

An ointment (Aquaphor, bacitracin, or even Vaseline) should be applied to the treated area and covered with a non-stick bandage.

After treatment, the skin will scab over. It is very important not to pick, scratch or aggressively wash the area to prevent possible scarring. This crust should flake off in 7-10 days.

Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyper-pigmentation (darker pigmentation)

Use sun block (SPF 30+) at all times throughout the course of your treatments.

There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the area gently, as with any other wound.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon