Any alternatives to Vallium to relax muscles after breast augmentation?

I am 10 days post breast augmentation, my implants are sitting high, I feel really tight, like engorgement, gets painfull, my shoulder blades aches very bad at times. Once I take Vallium I feel better. I understand it takes time for the implants to drop but I am afraid if I continue to take Vallium I may develop dependency! I am a Nurse and very analytical and perfectionist! What can I do or take instead of Vallium that will make me comfortable? I take 10 mg at bedtine, 5 mg at am and pm. Thanks

Valium after breast augmentation

In my practice I use  Valium after breast augmentation. It is the best muscle relaxing that I have discovered Most patients only need to be on it for about a week. I agree with you that if you are taking it  three  times a day for 10 days after surgery that is too much.  Other alternatives such as Robaxin and Flexeril are possible.  However ideally I would wean yourself off of it completely. You are going to be experiencing tightness for several months and that is normal. At this point  you would probably be better off with no medication. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Many alternatives to Valium

for muscle spasms but if you want to avoid more pharmaceuticals, you can try pulling your shoulders back to stretch the chest muscles when feeling the spasm.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Post op breast augmentation

you are experiencing normal post op pain which can be relieved with Norco. I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon. You want to relieve the pain entirely and not let it build up until it is unmanageable.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Thank you for your question. There are other skeletal muscle relaxants like flexiril, skelaxin etc. Please discuss with your surgeon and follow his instructions.

Alternatives to Valium?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  During the immediate recovery phase it is unlikely that you will develop a dependency on the Valium as you have a medical reason to require its use.  That said if you would prefer a specific muscle relaxant you can discuss this with your surgeon as there are a number available on the market - robaxin, skelaxin, flexeril, etc.  Hope this helps.