Regretting the size of implants after breast augmentation! Is it normal for people to feel this way after breast surgery?

I underwent breast augmentation surgery in March this year and i am really regretting the size of implants i went for :( I was a 30B before the surgery and told my surgeon i wanted to go to a 30C/D - I have a petite frame, size 6 and only 5'2 in height so we decided to go with mid profile 270cc submuscular However now i have fully recovered i really feel i should of done a little more research and gone for 300cc as it is very unnoticeable that i have had implants when i am in clothes :(

Should I have had bigger implants

HiI am sorry to hear about your disappointment following your operation. It is common for patients to grow accustomed to their implants and wish to have gone with a larger size. 30cc will make almost no difference though. 
I now use a 3D scanning and virtual reality simulation to allow my patients to experience just what they will look like with a particular implant. You should take time to consider things before having further surgery and see if you can get a 3D consultation as well as seeing a BAAPS approved surgeon who can assess if a larger implant is safe. Best wishes 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Changing breast implant sizes

It is very common for patients to feel they should/could have gone with a larger size implant after having breast augmentation.  An extra 30cc will not make much of a visual difference anyway. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon now that a few months have passed and see if you could increase the size- if it fits your anatomy. A size change is the most common reason patients undergo a re-operation.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Unhappy with implant size

This is unfortunately a common concern or complaint I hear.  In truth the 270cc implant is rather small.  I tend to view a 325 to 350cc implant as representing the one cup size up that most women are looking for depending on their frame.  Realize that the final cup size is impossible to guarantee since there is no standardization in the bra sizing industry.  I find a lot of women are overly cautious in their initial desires for size and later wish they were larger.  I tend to help correct to a larger implant on their behalf knowing that to be the typical case.  A 300cc implant would not be enough to make a difference from the 270s you have now.  If you seek revision I'd recommend a higher profile implant and a volume closer to 350 cc based on your descrition and questions.  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

There is not much difference between 270 cc's and 300 cc's. Did you want people to notice that you did have an augmentation, or did you mainly want to be proportional? You are still early in your healing phase and am adjusting to your new size. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon. Remember, this is the size that you and your surgeon selected. Also, ask to see your before photos so you and appreciate your new look.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon