225cc vs 250cc - which one will give me what I'm looking for? (Photo)

I am between 225cc and 250cc. I am currently a 32A and am looking to be a full B/small C. I want to look proportional and very natural. My biggest fear is to look fake, un-proportional and "done". I'm also scared I'm going to go too small and not achieve what I want. I want to look very natural but at the same time, mind my language, I want to have a nice rack (again, as long as it looks proportional). How many CC's do you think will achieve what I want? 225 or 250cc or will 200cc be enough?

Both would be fine

The difference between the 225 to 250 cc is not much. I would recommend to get Vectra imaging if you are not sure. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

225cc vs 250cc - which one will give me what I'm looking for?

Hi. IMHO neither of theses sizes will give you the small C you are looking for. I feel you would benefit from a 325cc high profile silicone gel inserted through the infra-mammary fold in a partial submuscular position to give you a natural look. I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 30 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits? LOOK UP REVIEWS!

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

Do you want to remain locally for your surgery or are you willing to travel?

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information.

Good luck, Dr. PG

Choosing Implant Size

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body. 

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

Once upon a time implants were chosen according to volume, similar to what you're doing with the 200cc to  225cc to 250cc question.  The reason is that once upon a time we only had round implants with moderate profiles available.  Today we have several different profiles available ranging from moderate to ultra-high profiles.  This makes it easier to plan the surgery obtaining the results our patients are looking for with far more precision.  In your particular case, you have small breasts but also a narrow chest surface area.  If you desire a natural look and at the same time obtain some projection from the surgery in order to improve your cleavage, you would benefit from a higher profile implant that will give you projection forward without making you look wider or too full on top.  Implants today should be chosen based on dimensional planning, taking into account your chest dimensions and the amount of forward projection that you're comfortable with.  Don't concern yourself so much with the amount of cc's of volume and worry about how you want to look.  Some simple measurements and dimensional planning will give you a precise answer of what the appropriate volume should be to get you the look you want.  Always consider a board certified plastic surgeon and having your operation in a fully accredited surgery center.

225 vs 250cc

Hi Victoria, I see you already have 10 replies to your post and wanted to make sure you got this.   I agree that either implant will work reasonably well, but I suggest you consider the 250cc.  I don't think you will look "out of proportion" with either, but you also expressed concerns of not looking too small.  Six months after your surgery, you would likely be glad that you went with a little drop bigger. Please see attached web reference.  Good luck!

Both great choices

You are in the right size range now make sure you pick a well respected board certified plastic surgeon. I think this is as important a size since a bad operation is as bad as the wrong size selection. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Sizes

Hello and thank you for your question and photos! You should have an excellent result with your upcoming surgery. The best breast implant size is determined by a number of factors including the breast width, starting breast volume and desired effect/look. You should have an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who you trust, can easily communicate with and who will take plenty of time go over with you a variety of things and show you the different implant types and sizes so that you get the best result with your surgery :)    Sincerely, Dr. Benjamin J. Cousins MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Miami Beach/Miami, Florida

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

225cc versus 250cc - which one will give me what I'm looking for?

Thank you for your questions and photograph and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  Because it is impossible to offer definite implant size advice without some of your key breast parameters I would recommend you trying on these different size implants in your surgeon's office to obtain a better visual representation as to what each would look like.  25cc is not a substantial difference and both look as if they would be good sizes on your current frame.  Best wishes. 

250cc ?

Without a direct examination, it is hard to say which way is the direction to go.  However, I will say that anything smaller than 250cc is very small, and most likely will leave you wishing that you had gone just a little larger.  A 250cc moderate plus device would look appropriate on your frame, given your pictures, while still looking proportional and pretty natural.  I hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD