Is it common to be lightheaded and dizzy four weeks post op after TT, lipo and Breast lift?

I had drainless TT and developed a seroma which my surgeon is treating with aspirations.

Surgery and dehydration

Thank you for your question.When you have several procedures like the ones you mentioned, you can have something called a fluid shift and your body can get internally dehydrated.So, I would recommend you watch your fluid intake.Make sure you have enough fluids, you are not bleeding, and there is no other complication.The only way to be sure of this is to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon.I hope this is helpful.

Dizzy Post Op

You may be experiencing something known as “fluid shift”, which can lead to internal dehydration; this is common after undergoing multiple procedures.I would encourage you to carefully monitor your fluid intake, watch for unexpected bleeding or other changes, and schedule a follow-up visit with your plastic surgeon to rule out other complications.

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - Dizzy 4 weeks post op?

Thank you for your question. No, it is not normal to feel lightheaded and dizzy four weeks following a tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast. These symptoms are often related to anemia and you need to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon. Hope this helps.

Although the mommy makeover combination you had is a big surgery you should not be having dizziness 4 weeks after your surgery.  You should see your surgeon first and then your internist if necessary.  Make sure you are well hydrated and you need your blood count checked.

Saul Lahijani, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Feeling lightheaded several weeks after a mommy makeover.

A mommy makeover is a physiologically significant combination of operations. Dizziness however might be a sign of anemia and should be reported to your surgeon.

Tummy tuck, liposuction and breast lift - still dizzy after a month

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck, breast lift and liposuction recovery.
  • This is not normal -
  • Please let your surgeon know -
  • You need your blood count checked at a minimum
  • The cause of the dizziness needs to be determined and treated.
  • If your surgeon can't figure it out, your regular doctor needs to see you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Dizzy 4 weeks after surgery

Its not normal to be dizzy 4 weeks after surgery. I would suggest you get a blood count (CBC) to make sure you are not anemic (low blood count) and see your surgeon soon.

Paul Wigoda, MD

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Post op dizziness

No, at 4 weeks post op, dizziness is not normal. Schedule an appointment with your surgeon so that he or she can assess you in person. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD