Why is my vagina lips wrinkly? (Photo)

My lips are wrinkly and are really stretchy? What's wrong with them? Do I have too much extra skin ?

Labiaplasty

It seem like you lack volume.  You can do either fat injections to plump up your labia majora OR a non invasive tightening method called ThermiVA.  Its quite successful in tightening the skin. Whatever you choose please be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in Labiaplasty procedure

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. Before we can answer your question we need to get more history, including your age, if you've been pregnant and had children, medical history and we would need to complete a physical exam. If your vaginal lips are too long, you would be a candidate of labiaplasty. If you feel uncomfortable having large protruberant vaginal lips labiaplasty may be an option for you. Labiaplasty is a procedure that reduces the size of your vaginal lips. Hooding of the clitoris can also be reduced at the same time. My patients tell me that pain is negligible after surgery. They are more confident wearing bikinis, shorts and tight pants. I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Candidates for Labiaplasty

Women have a wide range of normal color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. More specific problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor. The best thing to do is seek out a local board certified plastic surgeon for consultation in regards to your desired results. Good luck!

Why is my vagina lips wrinkly?

Thank you for your question. A change in the appearance of the external genitalia including labia majora and menorah does occur with aging. This is often due to a combination of factors including hormonal changes, normal aging process, gravity and loss of volume. the good news, there are many things that one can do to improve the appearance and minimize the effects of aging on wrinkly and sometimes saggy skin.

Wrinkly Labia Majora

The changes you've noticed with your labia majora are very common, especially as women age. Just as with the rest of your body, the vulvar skin also goes through the aging process which includes loss of skin elasticity and loss of volume. Another culprit is pregnancy where some women's vulvas become very swollen and thus stay stretched throughout their pregnancy.  As a result, after delivery their labia majora look deflated, wrinkly, and older than they did prior to pregnancy.  In your case you appear to have a combination of loss of volume and lax skin. Your least invasive option is Radio Frequency treatments of the labia majora using Pelleve or Thermi. The changes are not permanent though and you'll require ongoing treatments. If this doesn't give you the look you want you could have a Labial Puff procedure where PRP or Fat is injected into this area to "plump" it up. Alternatively, you could have the extra skin removed in the form of a labia majora reduction.  You should consult with an experienced cosmetic vaginal surgeon who can then examine you in person and go over the best options for you since this depends on your age, skin quality, expectations, etc.  Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labia majora skin wrinkles when subcutaneous fat is lost

The fullness of the labia majora is the result of subcutaneous fat. If you lose fat in labia majora, they flatten and wrinkle. Fat injections are the most common solution to this appearance if it bothers you.

Vagina lips wrinkled

You show a photo that is primarily focused on your outer lips.  You appear to have extra skin which can be reduced or filled with fat. Often, stretched out labia majora can be improved by excising some of the extra skin to make it more youthful.  Reducing the skin and adding some fat can be done so that the best of both procedures can be done.  I have published extensively on labia majora skin excision as I have done hundreds of these procedures.  Gary J. Alter, M.D.Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty

Thanks for reaching out.  There is a wide spectrum of appearance of a woman's external genitalia.  There does not appear to be anything wrong with the photo you have posted.  Some woman do have excess skin that can cause discomfort during exercise of intercourse.  Labiaplasty is a technique to reduce the excess skin.  If you are concerned it is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Why are my vagina lips wrinkly?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  There is a wide spectrum in the appearance of a woman's genital anatomy and your vagina is well within normal.  Whether due to fluctuations in weight, age, or hormones the tissues can change subtly over time, including the development of wrinkly or loose skin.  If your current appearance causes you concern, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your treatment options.  Hope this helps.

Labial skin wrinkles

Hello Like any other area, the labial skin can be affected by age, hormones and genetics. It is not unusual to have some "wrinkling" and irregularities of the skin along the labia as you have demonstrated.  Labia majora platsy can help tuck the excess outer labia tissues when they descend excessively when standing. This may improve the wrinkling you have noted somewhat as would fat grafting and fillers if the area appears deflated. A thorough examination would determine your best options. Regards, Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                         Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon