Is It Possible to Get Rid of Café-au-lait Birthmarks Using Lemon Juice? If Not is There a Natural Remedy?

Hi, I'm a 16 year old girl and I have a Café-au-lait birthmark on the inside of my left leg and I'm pretty self conscious about it, I don't feel comfortable wearing short pants because of it. I have looked up about how to remove it and all I saw were laser treatments. I don't want to undergo laser treatments, I would prefer a natural, in expensive remedy, thanks .

No.

That s the short of it. The most natural non laser treatment is cosmetic colour matched creams. Laser can treat these lesions but only 50% respond to Q switch lasers, and off those that respond, 50% recur.  Newer pico second lasers such as 1064 QSL by Syneron (about to be released) may provide a higher success rate- but we don't know if this is the case. 

Sorry, but those are the cold, clear, proven scientific facts.

Cheers

Dr Davin S. Lim 
Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Brisbane and Gold Coast, Australia 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Is It Possible to Get Rid of Café-au-lait Birthmarks Using Lemon Juice?

Unfortunately, there are no "natural" remedies for pigmented birthmarks.  Lasers are often not effective either.  There are some bleaching creams that a dermatologist might be able to prescribe which would be inexpensive.

John F. Reinisch, MD