Miradry on buttocks?

I sweat profusely in my buttocks area. The worst is the creases where my cheeks meet my thighs. Can miradry be used in this area effectively? I had one treatment but it didn't help. I did notice the strength would jump around automatically from 5 to 1 or 2 based on where the screen thought it was being used in the armpit (even though it was not the armpit being treated). Do you think it didn't work bc it wasn't level 5 the whole time? Or is there too much fat or density to have effective treatment there?

Buttock sweating.....

So far, MiraDry has been well studied in the armpit region and it's proven to be safe and effective with a response of 75 to 82% reduction in sweating with one treatment. I am not sure if any physician would be completely comfortable using this "off label" in the buttocks. 

MiraDry

miraDry, unfortunately, is only FDA approved for under arm sweating.  I have not heard of any treatments for buttock area sweating.  Mira Mar Labs are working on new technologies for other parts of the body but it is not known where and when it will be available.  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

Excessive Underarm Sweating Treatments

• The miraDry ® system uses energy that targets and destroys the sweat and odor glands in your underarm. Once those glands are destroyed they do not grow back—so once they are destroyed permanently!  Other parts of the body are not designed to be treated in the same fashion at this time.
#Miradrytreatssweat    #Miradrytreatsodor     #excessiveunderarmsweat

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Buttock hyperhidrosis and miraDry

MiraDry® is FDA cleared for eliminating underarm sweat. It is non-invasive, requires minimal to no downtime, with permanent results. MiraDry uses electromagnetic energy which is proven to be the ideal method for treating the sweat and odor glands in the underarm. It creates targeted heat in the area where glands reside and safely eliminates them   At this time, the other body areas have not been studied for safety and effectiveness.

#excessive sweating   #bodysweating   #Miradrysweatelimination

Miradry treatment

Miradry is only approved for treatments in the axilla.  I would recommend treatment with Botox for the other areas you sweat.
I hope this helps!
Dr. Quenby Erickson

Quenby Erickson, DO, FAAD, FACMS
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry

The new miradry protocol should allow level 5 settings the whole time.  We are the busiest practice in California in miraDry treatments... not yet used on buttocks but they are working on new FDA applications all the time.  Let us know if we can help in any way.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

MiraDry on buttocks

Thank you for your question. Currently miraDry is only used on the axillary region. They are coming up with new protocols for off axillary sites. At the moment Botox would be a very good option for you to help with the swelling in the buttock region.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Miradry for the buttocks

I have co-authored a book on hyperhidrosis with Dr. Hratch Karamanoukian and we both have used the Miradry system for axillary hyperhidrosis on countless patients with success. Non-axillary use of Miradry is currently in development and can be used in some circumstances based on symptoms and history. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

MiraDry off label use

This is off label use but that area is a safe area to treat because there are no underlying vital structures (vascular or nerve).

The level should be 5.

This is OFF LABEL use for miraDry.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon