Adding cc's to implants?

I am 8 weeks post op and got 235 cc implants. I am dissatisfied with my size. Feel as if I have no Cleavage . Wondering if I'm able to add 100-150 cc's to my already existing implants. Or would I need to purchase new ones ?

Implants and volume

I assume you mean saline implants.  In this case, they might be able to be inflated a bit more, but it is not recommended to fill above the maximum recommended fill which is likely much less than what you desire.

Adding cc's to implants

Unfortunately, it is not easy to simply add more saline to existing implants, especially 100-150cc which would be well beyond the recommended fill volumes. Rather, new, larger implants would be required which may necessitate opening the pockets larger, etc.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your concerns and options.

Adding CC to implants.

Thanks for your question. I am sorry to hear you are disappointed in your volume. Just adding CC to the existing implants  may not solve your goals. Saline implants have a fill range. As you go beyond the fill range the shape changes from a broader flatter implant to more of a sphere. The sphere may stick out more, but the diameter of the implant will decrease, so less cleavage.  A lager new implant will tend to have a wider diameter. There are other factors that determine cleavage as well. The width of your sternum and the sternal insertion of your muscle (if you are submuscular).  These things can not be changed.So your PS will still have to give you realistic expectations even if you change your implants.

I hope these concepts help.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Adding cc's to breast implants?

Thank you for your question.  Although it is technically possible to add volume to a saline implant 100-150 cc is larger than the recommended filling volume and could lead to rippling.  Based on your description he will most likely need exchange of new implants for that type of volume increase.

Best option is to replace with larger implants.

Your best way forward is to replace your present implants with new, wider and increased volume implants.  Your present implants would not be able to accommodate 100-150cc of additional volume.  In addition, by re-operating on your implants, you would void your warranty.  Removing your present implants, opening the capsule so it narrows your cleavage and placing a new, larger implant will be your best and safest way forward.  Tell your surgeon you would like to discuss this.  Good luck.

Adding cc's to implants?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  Although it is possible to add volume to breast implants, it is usually not as simple as you may think.  For example, achieving better cleavage ( if possible anatomically) may involve  adjustment of breast implant pockets and the use of different size/profile of breast implants.

At this point, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience; continue close follow-up with your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to more specific assessment and advice.

Can saline be added to my breast implants?

Yes, saline can be added to your breast implants however your lifetime warranty will be voided if you exceed about 120% of the recommended fill volume.

If this advice helps you to understand your surgery better, let us know.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD