Results of a Tummy Tuck After a Vertical C-section? (photo)

Hello I have 3 children ages 20, 16, 14 yrs old.I'm turning 40yrs old in 2wks and truly hate my tummy I'm dieting and exercising now to lose at least 10 lbs that I just gained in the last 2 months..I had 3 c-sections and my first one being an emergency the other two were just scheduled c-sections.I just want to know what would be the solution to this problem..I dislike my vertical scar!

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Vertical scar

Based on what I see you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and I belive your whole scar could be resected so by all means see a plastic surgeon.Good luck.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck to remove vertical scar

You are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty.  This results in a transverse incision and will remove your vertical scar.  Your resulting scar will be low, covered by underwear and excellent improvement over your vertical scar, which is high and visible.  If you are not planning any further pregnancies, I recommend the use of mesh reinforcement, which has been shown to help reduce weight and maintain the reduced weight.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

#TummyTuck options after a vertical scar

From your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and this would largely correct the vertical scar. It is likely that you would still have some vertical scar, but it would be significantly better than your current situation. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Results of a Tummy Tuck After a Vertical C-section?

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. The tummy tuck operation serves to re approximate muscles that may have spread with pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss, remove "excess" skin/adipose tissue (often overhanging C-section scars) and further contour the abdominal wall, with tools such as liposuction surgery.
Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides.
You will also hear/read about mini tummy tuck surgery. In my opinion/experience, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
Again, for the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link/video, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck after vertical c-section

You would have an excellent abdominal contour after a tummy tuck, and your vertical scar would be completely removed.  The resulting transverse scar should be located low on the tummy, just above the pubic area.

A tummy tuck is the best option, and from your photo I think you would be an excellent candidate.

A tummy tuck will remove the skin and scar and fat below the bellybutton and leave a long horizontal scar low enough to be hidden under panties.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hello

Without actually examining you it’s hard to give you accurate advice. From your picture its looks like you would be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck. That will remove a lot of skin and get rid of some of your vertical scar, not guaranteed to remove the entire scar.  Seeing a certified Plastic surgeon for a consultation would be your best bet.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS