Can I Remove a New Tattoo (Maori Style)? (photo)

During a trip in new zealand i get a tattoo on my arm (i was drunk...) . I have regrets and i want remove it. Do you think i can totally remove it? without scars? What is the name of the laser i need? (to compare with what others docters will say me) I just got the tattoo (1 month), is it a problem ? I'm 21 years old with white skin. I'm a non-smoker and i try to eat healthy (with lot of protein for the bodybuilding). The tattooist was a professionnal and the ink used is black : Zuper black

PicoSure for removal

In short, yes, you can get it removed.  Your removal will begin as soon as your skin is fully healed from the original session.  I would recommend finding a PicoSure laser for the removal.  The PicoSure is the fastest laser on the market today.  Your removal will take approximately half the treatments as older technology like the Nd: YAG.

Seattle Dermatologist

PicoSure - Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question and photographs. Yes, you can have this tattooed removed. However, you will have to wait till the tattoo is completely healed in 4-6 weeks before having it removed. In my office, I like to use Picosure laser which has a short pulse duration that exceeds photothermal action and results in an intense photomechanical impact. It works best on darker inks such as black and blue. The number of sessions required to remove a tattoo can range from 6-10 sessions. Remember, you should at least wait until your skin is fully healed before starting the treatment. I recommend you consult with an expert to determine the best treatment plan for you. All the best!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Removing a dark tattoo with R20 method

Your tattoo can be removed with a Q-switched YAG laser (Medlite or Revlite) and the fastest way to do this is with the R20 method.  The R20 method or R20 protocol is a method of completing four laser tattoo removal treatments in 20-minute intervals all performed during a single 60 minute office visit. In clinical studies, one treatment was sufficient to clear the majority of a tattoo of black ink.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS