Breast reduction yesterday morning. No drains. Hot burning sensation to left breast scull art. When I get up or turn my body?

Burning sensation after breast reduction

It's hard to say what's going on without photos and more information.  Although burning sensations are common after surgery, it is important that you contact your surgeon to inform him or her of any changes to your condition. Good luck.

Concerns after breast reduction surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Whether or not what you are experiencing is a "normal" part of the healing process cannot be determined online. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment, advice, or meaningful reassurance. Follow up with him/her with your concerns; preferably see him/her in person, earlier than already scheduled, if necessary. Best wishes.

Burning Sensation

Thank you very much for your question.

It is not uncommon for people to have burning sensations after surgery, as the nerves are stretched and swollen a bit.  This is almost always temporary, and will go away with time.  I would continue to follow up with your surgeon closely, and if the discomfort worsens, call your doctor to discuss the issue.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery! After a reduction the nerves of the skin are stretched as a result of swelling and the tightening of the skin once the breast tissue has been removed. This stretching irritates the nerves which can cause a number of different nipple and breast skin sensations including increased/decreased sensitivity or a burning/electrical feeling. These normally resolve spontaneously given enough time. Hang in there and be sure to mention these issues to your surgeon during your post-operative appointments.