Best filler for marionette lines? Is Radiesse a good option? (photo)

I am looking for the best filler for the marionette lines. I have heard that Radiesse would be very good. My main objective is to smooth the area, but I also want something that will have a lasting effect (i.e., more than 6 months). Any suggestions? Also, any price ranges would be very appreciated. The Radiesse was quoted at $575 per syringe. I am also considering having some contour done on my cheeks. Again, what would be the best filler for that area and the cost?

Radiesse

Thank you for your photo. Radiesse is an FDA-approved dermal filler used for aging hands, veins and wrinkles.  It is primarily used to fill in smile lines, sunken areas of your face or hands and filling in the lines around your mouth. You could use it for your marionette lines but it’s best to  get a in person consultation from a board-certified dermatologist.

Radiesse

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Radiesse

Radiesse would be a great option for your nasolabial and marionette lines. It is a thicker product and helps to build volume. If you are thinking about adding volume to the cheeks, you could also you Radiesse for that as well. The price will be dependent on your area, $575 sounds about right.

Radiesse

There are couple of very good fillers available!

Hi,

Thanks for the question. 

Radiesse definitely is a great choice (if your exam matches the product), also there are couple of other old fillers as well as couple of very new fillers like restylane refine or restylane define as well as Juvederm Vollure available and all can be very good based on your exam. 

See your doctor and let him/her do full exam before deciding the type of filler.

Longevity of the filler is not the only determining factor, quality of the result in neutral and moving face is also very important. 

Best of luck :)

Hi,

Thanks for the question. 

Best of luck :)

Best filler for marionette lines? Is Radiesse a good option?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  I have used quite a bit of Radiesse to shape the cheeks, chin and jaw line but find it too thick to use in the marionette lines.  I prefer using Restylane Lyft in that area or Allergan's Define and Refine filler.  Radiesse can cause lumps in thinner tissue that unlike the HA fillers, can not be dissolved with hyaluronidase, steroids or any energy based therapy.

Following my facial beauty principles, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using silastic cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  I prefer using Rstylane Lyft or Define and Refine to shape the cheeks when using a dermal filler.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Several Filler Options

Thank you for your question. Radiesse would be a great filler to address your marionette lines. Also, it is long lasting, known to last 12-15 months on average. At my practice, we generally recommend Bellafill as it is one of the longest lasting fillers available. 

As for price, it will differ depending on the practice and location. I would discuss your options with a certified injector near you. Thank you! 

Several Filler Options

Radiesse and marionette lines

I use Radiesse in this area and find that it does a great job.  It can't be dissolved like the other fillers but it's consistency allows for good volumization and is long lasting.  Best of luck!

Radiesse and marionette lines