Xeomin for forehead wrinkles not working yet?

Hello. I had Xeomin for the first time 3 days ago for my forehead lines. I have no results whatsoever. I know they say full effects in 7-10 days. 14 max. Every time I get botox by day 3 I'm definitely seeing a change start. Usually by the 7th day it's fully working. Is this normal when with botox I see results by now. Does Xeomin typically take longer to work? Or should I stick to botox? Thank you

Hello. Botox and Xeomin are both neuromuscular blockers. It can take up to 2 weeks to see the full benefits of either product. In my experience, the results are similar for both products.

Toronto Dermatologist

Xeomin Results

As with any filler injections it may take a few days or more to see results. Since you have been using Botox and this is your first time using Xeomin, you may need an additional round of Xeomin. Seeing other certified providers in your area for an evaluation is another option. Wishing you the best of luck. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Xeomin work in the same way. You should see results in about a week with either product. The amount of product used and injector could be variables that may give you a different outcome. Dysport tends to work a little faster than Botox or Xeomin with results being evident after the second day or third day for most patients. I hope this helps and that you're now happy with your results.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question in regards to Xeomin. Botox and Xeomin are consistant with each otehr as far as how long it will take to see results. The amount of units and injector could be possible factors, although it is still too soon to see full correction. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Can you see it now?

I saw the question you posted 21 days after you posted it! Now I want to know how you feel about the treatment?I think that you are most likely satisfied, at least I hope that you are.
Botox Cosmetic and Xeomin are the same as far as efficacy and time of onset. The variable factor is the injector. I hope you are happy with your treatment, and are putting your best face forward!!

Dr Beverly Johnson

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin timing

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Can take up to 2 weeks to see full result, so may be too early to assess.

Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin Timing

Thank you for your question. Just hang in there - the Xeomin should kick in soon. It's a little unusual to have such quick results with Botox, as usually the effects are very similar (timing-wise) to Xeomin. Dysport, however, does have a faster onset - and can truly start to work within 48-72 hours. Best of luck! 

Xeomin is exactly similar to Botox. Results typically take few days to start to appear and take up to two weeks to show full effect. I suggest that you cool down and wait before judging the injection results. 

Botox and Xeomin

Botox and Xeomin are the exact same thing like Bayer and St Joseph Aspirin. Did you have the same injector? usually at any rate it takes botulinum 7 days to start working and reaches its peak in about 10 days.  it could also be it you have had it done a number of times the muscles are a little weaker than before.

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist