Does heat affect results of Xeomin?

I had xeomin injections for crows feet. The improvement only lasted six weeks. I was putting a hot Compress on my eyes for dry eyes. Could that have affected the results of the xeomin?

Xeomin Results

Thank you for your question,

The hot compress that you were using on your eyes should not have affected the results of your Xeomin injections. I would contact your injector to schedule a follow-up appointment to see what could have gone wrong.

Xeomin Results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question,

Xeomin

The warm compresses should not affect the metabolism of Xeomin. People metabolize neuromodulators differently. Thank you for your question.

Xeomin

Heat and Xeomin

Environmental conditions should have no effect on Xeomin or dermal filler products. Generally for the first 48 hours it is advised to restrict usage of sauna, steam rooms and Jacuzzi for the sole purpose of swelling and bruising that may occur with prolonged heat exposure and healing of injected areas. Just like outside temperature or humidity won't affect your results, neither will sunlight and exercise. I hope this information is helpful. 

Heat and Xeomin

Xeomin duration

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

This could theoretically affect the diffusion of Xeomin, but should not affect duration. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Xeomin duration

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Xeomin and heat

This really should have had no effect on the lasting effect of Xeomin. Xeomin is absolutely the same as Botox and you need to be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in cosmetic injections

Xeomin and heat