Does laser hair removal have side effects when used on the armpit?

Is getting armpit hair removal by laser doesn't affect the nearby body part like the breast? I'm a woman and much conscious about the breast cancer matter though we don't have medical history of it. I hope you can advice me.God Bless.

Laser Hair Removal Side Effect On The Armpit

Laser hair removal is a procedure that uses an intense pulsating beam of light to remove unwanted hair. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.

There is no risk of cancer with laser hair removal. The wavelengths associated with laser hair removal are not cancer causing. As with all laser treatments there is a risk of burns, skin irritation and pigment changes. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser hair removal in axilla

Some side effects are skin irritation or slight redness that will reduce within a few hours. To avoid irritation after treatment keep area clean and dry. Laser hair removal is safe and there are no risk of cancer.

Laser hair removal risks in underarm

There is no significant risks associated with laser hair removal except for laser burns in the axilla. There's no risk of cancer. The visible wavelengths are not cancer causing. Those wavelengths are much shorted and not used in lasers for cosmetic purposes. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser Hair Removal on Underarms Affecting Breast Tissue?

Laser hair removal will not affect any underlying structures or surrounding tissue whatsoever, regardless of the area you are having treated. Laser hair removal is a very safe procedure, designed to target the hair follicle only. My best advice if you are considering is to find a reputable board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, experienced in laser hair removal who can perform the procedure to the safest standards and give you the best possible result.

Dennis Gross, MD