Does laser hair removal have side effects when used on the armpit?

Is getting armpit hair removal by laser doesn't affect the nearby body part like the breast? I'm a woman and much conscious about the breast cancer matter though we don't have medical history of it. I hope you can advice me.God Bless.

Laser hair removal risks in underarm

There is no significant risks associated with laser hair removal except for laser burns in the axilla. There's no risk of cancer. The visible wavelengths are not cancer causing. Those wavelengths are much shorted and not used in lasers for cosmetic purposes. 

Laser Hair Removal on Underarms Affecting Breast Tissue?

Laser hair removal will not affect any underlying structures or surrounding tissue whatsoever, regardless of the area you are having treated. Laser hair removal is a very safe procedure, designed to target the hair follicle only. My best advice if you are considering is to find a reputable board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, experienced in laser hair removal who can perform the procedure to the safest standards and give you the best possible result.

Dennis Gross, MD